tough season

TreeGuy

Time to hang up the bow and grab the thunderstick... I had about 150hours in the stand and nothing to show for it. This year seemed a lot slower than previous years in 9h. First year with nothing on the ground in 4 ever.... Just looking for some sympathy so let me know I'm not alone.

Good luck and be safe all !

I also bow hunted a lot this year. I went out 38x and logged 120hrs in the stand. I saw good action and activity from the opener until Nov.1. Scrapes were hot, trailcams were on fire, had pics of several mature bucks up and on the move, pics of all kinds of bucks passing through the area, daytime activity, seeing deer every time out, etc... up until 11/1. After that, everything went DEAD!! From 11/2-11/18, I went out 24x and only saw deer 3x!! PATHETIC!!!

I was thinking if things were that great in October, that November would be awesome! Boy was I wrong! I think the deer in my area rutted mid-late October and have been locked down since early November. ALL the signs were there in mid-late October, but I thought it was too early and things were just getting started.

Same thing here, saw one buck in about the same amount of hours and had no clear shot.. I was so frustrated today I left 2 hours before sundown.. I am recuperating and licking my wounds tonight over a couple beers and the xbox and am going to try again tomorrow!

Well, I don't hang up my bow. But I have to admit, between deer numbers and weather it has been a very poor year. There are almost no acorns this year, so the deer are hanging out close to the fields and developments.

I will keep on truckin' with my bow. After all - if I get ONE! It's a good year - right?!!

This season is horrible-at least for me. I haven't seen anything. I haven't taken the muzzleloader off "safe" since opening day. It's pretty pathetic. Funny thing, is that I hunt a field, and I still haven't seen anything. Worst season I've had in years!

I have to say it was better than most years for seeing the same deer most days ( 2 doe's and 3 fawns ) but nothing on the ground. I saw a total of 2 spike, 1 6 point and 1 10 point over the bow season. I had the spike in bow range under 25 yards and let them walk. I did see the 6 point but it was in brush and could not fnd a clear shot at him in first light. The big buck I saw from the house as he walked across the pasture across the road. He was in the center of the field so I see not way at hunter could get to him and it was in that lat light of the day when he came out. But what as drove me nuts is I had the spike at 20 feet on gun opening day and that is the only deer I have seen so far since the opening day and being retired I have been out there each day for about 6 hours, today I am looking at the rain adn will hunt from the armchair, fire is going in the pellet stove, coffee is on and to hell with it all. BUt all have a great thankgiving day and be safe out there.