Black Hunting Lives Matter

UpStateRedNeck

Very interesting read, and I hope those legislators are educated about the issue.

I used to be very opposed to African trophy hunting, to me it seemed like "killing for the sake of killing". However, I started reading Hemingway and got more interested in the topic. After learning more about it, I found out just what this article points out, that hunting provides much needed funds to conservation and anti-poaching efforts. It also helps support a poverty stricken part of the world through financial means, and food security since a lot of the meat is distributed to local villages. 

Edited by Revenant
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Very interesting read, and I hope those legislators are educated about the issue.

I used to be very opposed to African trophy hunting, to me it seemed like "killing for the sake of killing". However, I started reading Hemingway and got more interested in the topic. After learning more about it, I found out just what this article points out, that hunting provides much needed funds to preservation and anti-poaching efforts. It also helps support a poverty stricken part of the world through financial means, and food security since a lot of the meat is distributed to local villages. 

I was the same way, and agree here completely 

An interesting side benefit of the recent surge in firearm purchases in the US, is the surge in Pittman Robertson funds that comes with it, (11% tax on all firearms, including handguns, ammo and archery sales) which is dedicated to wildlife conservation in this country, in spite of Democrat attempts to raid the fund.