What i learned

ncountry

I have read for years , that one should sit later or during the middle of the day during the rut. I have never been able to force myself to sit that long.This year I decided I would .During a 9 day hunt downstate I saw 7 different bucks 1 at 7 am one at 9 am (i finally got a shot 1 hour later and killed my 1st 10 point with bow) . The rest were all seen between 10-12. If I had hunted like I had for previous years I would have seen 1 6 point and if I was lucky maybe the 10 .2.5 hours is a long time to sit in a stand. I read a book ,I played games on phone,texted people when I had a signal, snacked ,and took naps. I have no idea how many deer walked past me but I know I saw ,5 maybe 6 more bucks, than I normally would have walking back to truck or sitting in camp.

I have read for years , that one should sit later or during the middle of the day during the rut. I have never been able to force myself to sit that long.This year I decided I would .During a 9 day hunt downstate I saw 7 different bucks 1 at 7 am one at 9 am (i finally got a shot 1 hour later and killed my 1st 10 point with bow) . The rest were all seen between 10-12. If I had hunted like I had for previous years I would have seen 1 6 point and if I was lucky maybe the 10 .2.5 hours is a long time to sit in a stand. I read a book ,I played games on phone,texted people when I had a signal, snacked ,and took naps. I have no idea how many deer walked past me but I know I saw ,5 maybe 6 more bucks, than I normally would have walking back to truck or sitting in camp.

I always say, you will never bag a buck laying on the couch.

i herad no 10 shots from daylight to 10 am thanks giving day.Even though sometimes i can sit and never get bored and sit almost all day sometimes i felt like going to the house and stalking on the walk back.As soon as i got down it was like i pushed a button.Was like 30 shots between the time i got down and the 30 min walk back to the house.All many miles away so it wasn't from me jumping anything to the neighbors..But proves the theory on 10 o-clock beeing a good time to be in stand and not going in.

I usually sit till 11:00 for that reason and the fact that if there is a nice buck around i don't spook him to a neighbor to shoot.