Anyone ever try/use the Square Up Torque Indicator

Deerthug

I'm using a hind sight and it takes care of any torque problems.

That's basically the same concept, just a different way of going about it. This "square-up thing uses the same principle of spreading out a front and rear sight so that misalignment due to torque becomes obvious. I kind of like that kind of sight design.

After looking at both the Hindsight and the Square Up, I think I like the Square Up better for the following reasons:

With the Hindsight, you need to move your 20 yd pin to the center of your site ring. Then you have to site in the rest of your pins. Then when you are aiming to take a shot you need to align the centered pin in the cross hairs and then look at the actual pin you need depending on the distance to your target to make sure it's in the kill/target zone.

With the Square Up - you don't move your pins at all. Your pins are already sited in to the appropriate yardage you previously choose whatever they may be. You align the Square up with your pins, select the pin you need and release.

With the Hindsight - no peep necessary. However, my concern is if I install the hindsight and don't like it, then I need to re-install my peep which can be a hassle.

With the Square Up - the videos show the users looking through their peep. Not sure if you really need your peep site with the Square Up. If I don't like the Square up I can just go back to using my peep and not have to bother to re-site my pins.

Price is not much different - only $15 more than Magnum Hindsight and Square up offers free shipping.

I think I'm gonna give the Square up a shot.

OK Pulled the trigger on the Square Up. I'll update my review once I get it and its installed.

Edited by Deerthug

• 3 weeks later...