Muzzleloader question

Deerthug

Seems bow and muzzle loader privileges are separate and must be bought. Share tags though. Regular season tag is valid during muzzle loader, but I read nothing that said it became an either sex. Regular season tag is still only for antlered deer.

Edit: Upon further review of their website, it seems the regular season tag is either sex during late season.

Edited by KEVA

Seems bow and muzzle loader privileges are separate and must be bought. Share tags though. Regular season tag is valid during muzzle loader, but I read nothing that said it became an either sex. Regular season tag is still only for antlered deer.

Regular season tag is for either sex in the late season.

http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/hunting/deer-hunting-tag-descriptions/

Antlered Deer Only

Except: May be used for Antlered or Antlerless Deer as follows:

• In Westchester County (WMU 3S).
  • In Suffolk County (WMU 1C).
  • In areas restricted to bowhunting only. (WMUs 4J and 8C)
  • In late seasons (with bowhunting or muzzleloading privilege).
  • Next Fall, September 27–30, 2012 in the Northern Zone bowhunting season with 2011/12 bowhunting privilege

My experience has been that the bow tag says bow/mz. I've never seen it different since they redid the licensing system. Usually what happens, is on the bow (if you buy the bow first), it will be either sex. If you also get the muzzleloader, it will be antlered only. I haven't had one since the re-vamping of the system, that strictly said bow.

Edited by 13BVET

My experience has been that the bow tag says bow/mz. I've never seen it different since they redid the licensing system. Usually what happens, is on the bow (if you buy the bow first), it will be either sex. If you also get the muzzleloader, it will be antlered only. I haven't had one since the re-vamping of the system, that strictly said bow.

I have both bow and ML and what they give you is an either sex and an antlerless. Im thinking that if you buy one at a time (bow 1st then ML), you get the either sex with your bow license and the additional antlerless with the ML license. Again, thats what I think they will do. deerthug, let us know what you get when you add the ML license.

My friend did the exact same thing least year. if you buy them at different times the first special season you purchase will come with an either sex. the second one you purchase will come with an antlerless only tag. both of his tags said bow/muzzleloader on them . even the first one he bought which was his bow tag.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

If it were me I would just check the Bow box ....since it IS a bow...lol

That's what I'll do on Saturday hopefully...thats probably why they didnt make crossbow its own box since within a year or 2 will be fully legal in archery season