Need some help: Screw-In Chokes for T/C New Englander

Splitear

I don't know if anyone has any experience with T/C screw in chokes, but the New Englander I got yesterday has a "T/C Arms" screw-in choke in it. I've looked everywhere, contacted T/C, TOTW, and several other places, and cannot find screw in chokes for this gun. However, I've read in a very few places that it might take Winchester/Mossberg/Browning (Invector) chokes. 

Does anyone know it these will fit? I can buy one, but I had to drop $15-20 on a choke that doesn't fit any guns that I own. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, grampy said:

I don't know for certain, but I would assume any of the standard chokes will work in a TC. Most chokes are not firearm brand specific. As long as you have the correct gauge.

I don't think so Grampy. I know some makes/models are interchangeable, but I know that some have different size/length of threads. We have an 1100 at work, so I'm robbing a choke tube out of there. I think we have some Mossberg 500's as well, so I might try to borrow one from them and see if any of them work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachunter said:

You'll never find chokes for it,so just send it to me and i'll hang it over my fireplace:crazy:JK

Give Carlson's chokes a call there a good company.

Carlson's choke tubes

Thanks for the help with Carlsons. 
It looks good on my wall for right now, but if I get tired of looking at it I’ll let you know :)

Somebody is trying to sell one on muzzleloadingforum.com with just the 12ga barrel. 
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/t-c-12-ga-new-englander.120108/

26 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Thanks for the help with Carlsons. 
It looks good on my wall for right now, but if I get tired of looking at it I’ll let you know :)

Somebody is trying to sell one on muzzleloadingforum.com with just the 12ga barrel. 
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/t-c-12-ga-new-englander.120108/

Thanks 

That's a nice gun for a decent price but it unchoked. I'm wondering if someone had your choke ?

22 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Thanks 

That's a nice gun for a decent price but it unchoked. I'm wondering if someone had your choke ?

It was one of the last barrels from Fox Ridge according to the previous owner, and came from them with screw in chokes. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, grampy said:

I don't know for certain, but I would assume any of the standard chokes will work in a TC. Most chokes are not firearm brand specific. As long as you have the correct gauge.

Grampy there are perhaps not firearm specific types but actual thread patterns. Many times these even change among a certain manufacturer. Some companies use another’s pattern. Say browning investor plus bring used by Ithaca. Just a small for instance. Before invector plus Browning used invector. 

Anyhow Op you will need to find out about thread pattern or possibly have gun rethreaded to whatever pattern you want

2 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Grampy there are perhaps not firearm specific types but actual thread patterns. Many times these even change among a certain manufacturer. Some companies use another’s pattern. Say browning investor plus bring used by Ithaca. Just a small for instance. Before invector plus Browning used invector. 

Anyhow Op you will need to find out about thread pattern or possibly have gun rethreaded to whatever pattern you want

Thanks FM, I actually figured out that the “Win-Choke/Invector” chokes work in it. I just had to get my hands on some to be sure, but found a set last week to try in it.