Happy Holidays from the Big Woods

Salmon_Run

Greetings all,

As the 2020 big woods season wraps up for another year I wish everyone has a blessed and safe holiday season.

2020 has brought forth many challenges for the world and I hope that changes in the upcoming new year. I did not harvest a deer this season and still feel very blessed that I had time to spend in the big woods up North. I had Thanksgiving week alone at my off grid camp and enjoyed the experience greatly. I hope you all came away from this season with good memories and shared experiences. 

The weather in the big woods was a challenge this fall with wildly varying temperatures and ultimately a lack of snow for tracking other than a few select mornings.

Warm holiday wishes,

Dan   

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Salmon_Run said:

Greetings all,

As the 2020 big woods season wraps up for another year I wish everyone has a blessed and safe holiday season.

2020 has brought forth many challenges for the world and I hope that changes in the upcoming new year. I did not harvest a deer this season and still feel very blessed that I had time to spend in the big woods up North. I had Thanksgiving week alone at my off grid camp and enjoyed the experience greatly. I hope you all came away from this season with good memories and shared experiences. 

The weather in the big woods was a challenge this fall with wildly varying temperatures and ultimately a lack of snow for tracking other than a few select mornings.

Warm holiday wishes,

Dan   

Merry Christmas to you.  I am up in the big woods right now and just a little sad that I did not get to see any good snow this season.  There was just a smidge in the dark timber, where the sun dont shine much.   Even that is going fast now:

20201212_141625.jpg

• Like 3

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

I had a pretty rocky year,but it was the trips up north that leveled things out. Didn't have any luck turkey hunting but enjoyed the time in the woods.Started fly fishing which I really like even though I only caught bluegills. Took a nice doe during the muzzle loader season.No luck during the rifle season or late muzzy,but saw quite a few deer on my property.Going to try and get back up and do a little more serious  trapping.

Best Wishes in this up coming year everyone !!!!!

IMG_0028.JPG

• Like 3