Do moose bottom rounds really suck and other musings

Trial153

Maybe it was the 30 inches of snow and being home all day tending the fire? Maybe it was the three neat bourbon'? Maybe it was that Rokslide thread about moose bottom rounds sucking?

Anyway it had me thinking. Do moose bottom rounds really suck so bad they they should be put in a grind lug?

Being so close to Newfoundland....wait is 20 hours of driving and an over night ferry close? Probably not but that's what I tell my wife when go bow hunt there about every three years or so. Luckily that often puts a moose in the freezer.

Back to the bottom round. It was staring at me from the freezer, pleading that it doesn't really suck....so I hacked it into cutlets. I then pounded them a bit and turned them into moose piccata, well sorta of... That is I lightly breaded and then fried them, after which I then placed them in a hot glass pan and sat them in the oven. The still hot frying pan was deglazed with a bit of white wine, which I also drank...a pat of butter, a bit it of garlic, some fresh parsley, chopped capers and the juice of a lemon.

Please dont grind your bottom rounds....

Merry Christmas

08669ef1ac97852b6bdb1517281eab74.jpg01025fab5d4465b6b1ce3032a3df0688.jpg

• Like 2