Birds up and gone.

Rev Ev

So over here in Niagara County, I have been seeing birds pretty regular all winter long, they seem to movefrom farm to farm, staying within about a mile area. But, the past two weeks, I haven't seen any. There are four areas that are spread pretty far apart in my travels, but none have any birds. With the weather being milder (if 57 is mild and not downright comfy) I figured to see more of them. Anyone having the same exprience or no something I don't?

Rev, I was seeing a bunch of them for a while. I remember last week driving past a field and seeing a whole group of them. This was when we had more mild weather like you said. I usually see them in these fields and wish I could hunt it. Since we have switched back to more of a winter weather I have not encountered any. I will keep looking and counting down the days to may.

The turkeys don't start showing up on the farm here, till mid to late March. I always thought that they seek out a longer range as they need to for food, for being the reason. With this years open winter, might not see any; time will tell. I spread manure on some of the fields,during winter months, which others say will draw them, but that doesn't seem to work. Have not seen a coyote track in the mud or what snow we have had, this winter, so ruleing that out. I have seen a flock of 100 or better robins the last two weeks, and we're loaded with bluebirds also.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter