Bummed out. You know what sucks?

phade

Finding out that hunting was allowed in a village for the past 12+ years...and that they are closing the loop hole this year.

Had primo huntable small acreage access in that village, too...as in always saying as I passed by..."I wish I could hunt in the village there since the deer are in there like flies on poop."

Dum-dum village personnel left the act out of the village code last time is was updated in 1999....and now they are fixing it. It was in there before the update in 1999...they simply forgot to put it back in.

Edited by phade

Can you divulge the name of the town now that it's too late?

Did they allow bow & gun?

Bummer anyway you slice it!

It's not 100% yet..."they are in the process of rewriting the codebook" per the official...so until it is in print/approved...I'm hoping that the typical slow-moving gov't keeps pace and lets it slip by for a while. If they don't have it done by this season..I'm hunting legally there. They estimated 2-3 months. This is the response I got:

The Village of XXXXX is in the process of rewriting our Village Code that will prohibit “Actively hunting wildlife or discharging a firearm, bow or other hunting device on private property within the Village Limits.” This activity was banned previously, but was inadvertently left out of our code book when it was updated in 1999.

There was ZERO distinction of gun/archery...so you could gun hunt in that time frame in the village as long as you were legal by all other laws. I might see some issue with a noise ordinance...but that'd have been the only angle the cops/police could use if you followed the law to the T.

And, of course, it was never mentioned or made public that they ommission occured...so I bet there are plenty others who would have taken advantage of that opportunity.

Edited by phade

I know how ya feel. In 2008 i lost a place I hunted for almost 30 years when the @#@$!! of an owner leased it out with out even giving us first dibs. He told us about a week before bow opened up. I found another place but it still stinks