So I took my kids to C & B today . . .

Deerthug

I decided to play hooky today and spend the day with my kids. Took them to C & B to shoot some arrows. My son did OK for his second time out shooting.

My daughter just sat and watched until Ralph grabbed her to help him put up some targets for the kids getting lessons.

I didn't do so well. So I'm standing on the line and I send a few arrows downrange. Now there's a competitive shooter standing behind me on the line who started telling me that my arrows were porpoising as they flew down range. He says its probably because my nocking point is off. He said to adjust my rest up which I did. After shooting a few more rounds I had to adjust my sight. Then I shoot some more and he tells me again that my arrows are still porpoising. After a few more shots and adjusting my site, this caused my sight ring and my Square-up to be out of alignment. I finally give up after 30 minutes of shooting.

Ralph sees me packing up my bow and says: So how did you do? I say: "Not so well. My bow needs a tune up". He says he would help me tune it but looks around and says he can't help me right now but suggested I come back Tues between 12-9 pm and that he'll work with me on tuning the bow. He had 3 lessons going on and a full line. So I'm headed back there on Tuesday. Going to remove my rangefinder and have him tune the bow from scratch.

I was shooting well at 11 yards which is what my first pin is set at and almost hitting Robin Hoods. Idk what happened. I've been meaning to bring it in for tuning for a while now but never had the chance to shoot beyond 11 yards to see what it does. I was grouping the arrows today within couple of inches on paper but outside the center. So could be fletchings contact or nock being off. Better to let him tune it before turkey opens.

Let us know how it goes. You going out just with bow for turkey this spring?

One day bow and one day 12ga.

And you're a lawyer, so can't you find someone to sue over your equipment malfunctioning?

Haha thats so funny I forgot to laugh!! I would have to sue myself, no?

• Like 1

Well today I decided to strip down my bow. I removed the Rangefinder, the NAP Apache drop away rest and replaced it with my whisker biscuit which I previously had on. Also removed my square up for now. I removed some serving where my string decelerator was contacting the string and noticed that the string is fraying. I was thinking of just reserving it but decided when I bring my bow into Ralph on Tuesday I'm going to have him replace the string as well. Once its tuned and sighted in properly I can attach my square up and rangefinder again and I'll be good to go.

Well today I decided to strip down my bow. I removed the Rangefinder, the NAP Apache drop away rest and replaced it with my whisker biscuit which I previously had on. Also removed my square up for now. I removed some serving where my string decelerator was contacting the string and noticed that the string is fraying. I was thinking of just reserving it but decided when I bring my bow into Ralph on Tuesday I'm going to have him replace the string as well. Once its tuned and sighted in properly I can attach my square up and rangefinder again and I'll be good to go.

I tried a friends bow with the square up but not sure why it is needed. If you grip the bow with pointer finger and thumb it squares up on its own when drawn. Just my opinion of course, but I find my peep won't align properly if the bow is twisted at all.

• 2 weeks later...

he could see your arrows porpoising at 11yrds? or you were shooting the full 20 when he noticed it

either your nock point is off or your shooting an arrow thats way underspined

whats your draw weight/length and what arrow are you shooting?

he could see your arrows porpoising at 11yrds? or you were shooting the full 20 when he noticed it

either your nock point is off or your shooting an arrow thats way underspined

whats your draw weight/length and what arrow are you shooting?

It was at 20 yards. I brought it to Ralph to change string and tune it. Works much much better now!!! I'm shooting 55#, 27" draw length

THey are great over at C & B. Just make sure you are level, after they set me up I was dead on at 10 yards and about a inch high at 20 and back on at 30 w/10 pin... Did not realize untile I shot at 30 yards that the rest was off as I only shot 20 yards at C & B... C & B is only a 20 yard range... They rechecked and reset up the string with the D-loop (new release)and after a few adjustments at the range I was back on target... They returned my extra large release for winter hunting and exchanged it for more arrows wich was greatly appreciated... Nothing but good things to say about them, they ROCK!!!

PS: make sure like Danny said that you are not underspined and that you have your knock point centered properly, otherwise I would second guese porpoising at 11 yards... Or at least being able to see that unless it is a slower arrow speed... 20 I can see it but 11 yards is hard to see that... Im getting old... After they set you up you will be hitting X's again... Otherwise they will figure out why...

C&B really is a great bunch of guys, they do however take some shortcuts in tuning in my opinion, example sometimes if you are shooting high or low raplph will slide your peep up or down, in my opinion you should never move your peep, moving your peep makes you reach or squat thus changing your natural anchor. after setting your centershot & nock point (either level or 1/8" high, you should draw your bow back to a comfortable/natural anchor with your eyes closed, at full draw open your eye thats where your peep should be set and stay there. now move your sight to adjust for elevation and windage. then move onto broadhead tuning