Footings for a small barn / shed

17 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I built a similar structure last year (a run in for our 2 Clydesdales).   

I only have one of those (concrete)and he stays outside. The shoe hanging from the collar had to be from before 1950 when grandpa got his JD model m and sold his last team.  I found it while I was planting corn last spring.

20200606_150817.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I only have one of those (concrete)and he stays outside. The shoe hanging from the collar had to be from before 1950 when grandpa got his JD model m and sold his last team.  I found it while I was planting corn last spring.

20200606_150817.jpg

That is really cool...  my wife would love the statue!!!   The shoe is a really cool memory piece!!

Edited by Wildcat

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 3:52 PM, Wildcat said:

I built a similar structure last year (a run in for our 2 Clydesdales).   see pic, it was still in process but you get the point...   if you want to get a tractor in you are going to probably want to make it 12 foot deep..   if you do then I would suggest another post on either side..   also depending on total length you may want 4 posts along the back..  mine is 28x12 and feel like 9 posts was the right recipe..

Certainly not saying your plan is not good, just sharing what worked for me..

CF947CED-BDD9-4BB2-ACB6-76990B95B348.jpeg

This is pretty dang close to what I had in mind.  Maybe 6 feet deeper?  2x14' 2x6 for the front beams?
The more look into this I realize I either need to curb by depth to the 12' or 15' range, or do a peaked roof.