Archery Target Base

wooffer

Was tired of having the wind tip over my bag and wanted to bring it up to a height closer to actual game so I made this base. Cost less than $10.00

It uses 1/2 pvc and the top bar is NOT glued so it breaks down and I can take the bag off. All other joints are glued.

I use a 20" bag and find the arrows don't penetrate as far because the bag has some swing now. The only thing missing is a nylon strap to go from side frame to side frame to prevent the legs from spreading past the point they are now.

Of course a hit on the pvc could cause a deflection, so only use this in an area where that won't be a danger.

post-1671-0-95805200-1332087377_thumb.jp

True and it doesn't do the target bag any good either. The middle cross bar pops out so you can store it flat or throw it in your trunk. You could paint the PVC with the new plastic paints if you wanted to keep it outside.

To answer some questions:

Attached is the sketch for the pvc tube lengths. You will use:

4each 90 degree elbows

8each 45 degree elbows

2each "T"'s

Glue up each side frame completely, except for the top cross bar that holds the bag. The sketch shows a 4" piece across the top, that is actually the "T" with a 45 degree elbow attached to each side. I'll post more detailed photos as well.

You could also use two extra "T"'s and add a bottom cross bar for more rigidity. I intentionally splayed the bottom wider than the top to give it lateral strength. I can email you detailed pictures if you need them.

Target Holder.pdf

post-1671-0-58370900-1332464052_thumb.jp

post-1671-0-39077100-1332464055_thumb.jp

post-1671-0-16752400-1332464058_thumb.jp

post-1671-0-02871100-1332464060_thumb.jp

Edited by wooffer