New to muzzleloader hunting

Chuck B

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Where are you guys ordering from ?

Seems everyone is out of stock or not shipping ML to NY :(

I can't find those Barnes XPB .451 200 gr in stock anywhere online right now.  Did order some Crush Rib sabots from Cabelas.  

Glad I stocked up on BH209 last year, because thats impossible to find right now too.

• Like 1

Good bullets are hard to come by, have you tried hornady 300gr xtp 

In stock 

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000345235/45-caliber-point452-diameter-300-grain-xtp-mag-with-cannelure-50-count

That bullet had probably killed more game then any other bullet being made.  Big fan myself will work just fine in that crush rib sabot .

6 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Good bullets are hard to come by, have you tried hornady 300gr xtp 

In stock 

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000345235/45-caliber-point452-diameter-300-grain-xtp-mag-with-cannelure-50-count

That bullet had probably killed more game then any other bullet being made.  Big fan myself will work just fine in that crush rib sabot .

I actually do have a big box of the hornady 300 gr, I also have some 275 gr of the barnes xpbs as well, the 200 gr were shooting mighty flat with 100 gr by volume of the bh209 between 50 / 100 / 150.  THe other bullets performed very consistently, just naturally with more drop.  I'm a lousy hand at telling the difference on the fly between 100 and 150+ so that would be my preference.