JUNK...Combo smoke, carbon monoxide detectors

mowin

I absolutely hate the "10 yr” combos. They don't come close to lasting 10 yrs. I'm lucky to get 1-2 yrs before they start going haywire. Bought a 4 pack Jan of 2019. Had one go off about a month ago. Beeping and saying fire. Nothing on the stove. Windows open no candles lit because the wife was a work. Put it outside and it continued to sound off for 20min.  

Week later another one went off for CO. Again, nothing that could produce CO was running. Did that for a few days before I tossed that one.

Got home from work today and I can here beeping and FIRE, FIRE. Ran inside and nothing except 3 dog freaking out. 

I give the last one about a week before it short circuits. 

2 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

@Nomad should be chiming in here soon.had one a month of so ago decide to go off at 2am in our bedroom.talk about being woken up in a shitty way.i was running around the house like a mad man checking everything.

At least mine went screwy while we were awake. 

6 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Check the expiration dates on them when buying .If it has the CO alarm on it,replace it well before 10 years regardless .

I'm actually ordering ones I can replace the batteries. I'm guessing they went wacko because the batteries were loosing strength???

Purchased them from HD. I'll check the last one and see if it has a date.