200 yard archery shot

fasteddie

That was an exibition shot. Nothing more.

I think Larry's comment was just an interesting speculation as to just what the results might be if someone were to try applying what they saw to actual hunting conditions. His comment does highlight the limitations of the bow for anyone who may be tempted by this video to take ridiculously long shots in a hunting situation.

You better worn the people that live 3 blocks over about in coming , Hell if you hold it up at a 45 you could reach 400 yds Yes !!!

I don't think the Archer was worried about hitting any house . He was shooting out in a cut hay field . And it was strictly for exhibition .

Personally , I prefer to shoot aspirins out of the air at a closer range . :fie:

Anybody remember the competitive long distance shooting that used to be kind of big back in the 60's and 70's? They weren't trying to hit any target, just see who could make an arrow go the farthest. I don't know if anyone is still into that anymore or not. But they used to have special equipment and techniques for launching an arrow the farthest distance. I remember they used to lay on their back and brace the bow with their feet. Quite bizzarre!

I have to aim 10-12 feet above my target at 80 yards lol. 200 wow... It might be time to upgrade after 11 years but I love my MQ1!

you certainly need an updated bow for sure. i have 5 pins on my mission venture 20-60yrds n shoot 70 and 80 from 60 yard pin barely even a couple feet above where i would shoot my 60 and my bow is only set at 57lbs.

I bet that took 30 tries, they just show 2 :)

youd be surprised but in reality its not that difficult and i dont think it would take 30 shots to get it down to where you could do it a few times or come very close to target everytime at least. id like to give it a try, hardest part is shooting a few and finding your height and a particular spot to shoot at, little adjustments from there and your good. nowhere to shot at 200 myself tho but i might have to find somewhere that i can to give this a try.

saw a guy on youtube shoot an 80 yard shot while looking backwards in a mirror, to me that would be way harder to do but maybe im wrong

Edited by stubbz

........hardest part is shooting a few and finding your height and a particular spot to shoot at.....

No, I would imagine the hardest part would be trying to find your arrows on those first few shots.

I remember that way back in the "olden days" (1960's) when I was involved in NFAA field archery, and using a 40 pound recurve, we had an 80 yard "walk-up" that was almost impossible to shoot because my fist was right square over the target, and I couldn't see it. Some smart dude came up with a prism sight that bent the image so you could see the target "indirectly" even though your hand/arm/whatever was covering up what you were shooting at. I wonder if this guy was using something like that. I'll have to go back to the video and see if I can spot what his sighting system was.