200 yard archery shot

fasteddie

Some of these guys are just unbelieveable. I doubt that I could make that shot even if I was given an unlimited number of arrows and a few years to try. What the heck, most likely I would have to elevate the bow so much that my hand or arm would be blocking the target I was trying to hit.....lol.

an Easton Epic @ 7.3 grains / inch is a light shaft, and that arrow was chronographed at 310 ft /sec is what I believe he said. tough to figure how that math adds up. yes, a light arrow will travel faster but you would need a lot of KE to get that arrow to a 200 hundred yard target even after aiming high. Now you have a light arrow bending a whole bunch out of the bow and traveling in the wind 200 yards downrange.

quite a feat to pull off.

The guide I hunted with in Arizona used to shoot a custom made PSE at 110lbs (he had to drive to PSE to tune the bow as nobody there could draw it)....he took several mule deer with it over 100yards....also took a few nice bull elk at 75+ yards.....

Interesting calculation of worthless info:

Arrow speed =310 fps

Average deer walking speed = 3.5 MPH per (The Deer of North America" Leonard Lee Rue III… Page 40)

Distance = 200 yards

------------------------------------------------------

arrow is airborne 1.935 seconds (assuming the 319 fps is the average throughout the 200 yard distance - which it is not)

deer moves 1192 inches (9.9 feet)

I wonder what kind of kinetic energy it would have left? Might be surprised.

Target shooting is a whole different thing from hunting. The two don't compare at all, other than the same equipment is used. There are far fewer variables to target shooting and you don't have to worry about wounding a target.