Real Men Shoot Real Bows

Five Seasons

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Real men shoot real bows ey? I'm looking forward to seeing some stick bows built from scratch, arrows created from natural materials and fletched with feathers, and knapped broad heads.

I only know 1 guy personally that has made that happen. I'm laughing at compound guys saying crossbows aren't fair comparison or that it's not as sporting to kill a deer with.... clowning. 

1 hour ago, Kmartinson said:

I only know 1 guy personally that has made that happen. I'm laughing at compound guys saying crossbows aren't fair comparison or that it's not as sporting to kill a deer with.... clowning. 

Lotta guys like to beat on their chest and talk, so if ones really wants bragging rights they would go out, find the materials, build the bow and other items needed, and then shoot a 18pt 600# deer at 2 feet with it. If your beating on your chest while using a compound with 80% let off, you need a reality check LOL.

29 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Lotta guys like to beat on their chest and talk, so if ones really wants bragging rights they would go out, find the materials, build the bow and other items needed, and then shoot a 18pt 600# deer at 2 feet with it. If your beating on your chest while using a compound with 80% let off, you need a reality check LOL.

I'm with ya. Also all of us shouldn't brag, there's only like 20 guys on here. I like the ability to see what's happening in the woods of ny in a day by day platform.... alot of the forum is nonsense, as long as I avoid the click bait I'm usually ok. Sometimes I just gotta troll a little bit.

5 hours ago, grampy said:

My almost 65 year old body is scary enough clothed! Wouldn't think of subjecting anyone to the fright fest of being naked in public. 

Definitely would never want to be seen as the pervy old dude! Getting his jollies at a nude beach. 

Good on you and the Mrs for being cool going au'natural.

I have no issues with any free spirit regardless of body type. Everyone should try it, it's a freeing and interesting experience. My issue was the dudes just walking around and staring a little too long or being a little creepy. If you were to go and hang out in the chair or towel by yourself or with the Mrs I think that's what it should be about. 

4 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Real men shoot real bows ey? I'm looking forward to seeing some stick bows built from scratch, arrows created from natural materials and fletched with feathers, and knapped broad heads.

it was a joke my man. You should know better. 

3 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

I don't recall a single member here saying that the crossbow wasn't sporting. 

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

it was a joke my man. You should know better. 

I don't recall a single member here saying that the crossbow wasn't sporting. 

I know it was a joke. My rebuttal was as well. Well most of it anyway- There is a lot of chest beating around here.