TICKS!!

deerpassion

Was at my camp last weekend and did not have any ticks. Of course I did not spend that much time in the woods. Checked my trail cam and came back. Going back this coming weekend and I will check for ticks again. Maybe I should lower my trail cam and catch them walking around. LOL

well , new remedy for removal and the easiest as far as im concerned.... take a little bit of liquid soap, put it on a cotton ball and swab it on the tick for 15 to 30 secs.... tick comes out on his own supposedly everytime and quick... especially if its in an akward place like between the toes, on your A(&*, back , or in your hair where you can't really get some tweezers by yourself... tick sticks to the cotton ball once withdrawn... haven't found any vid's on this yet but still lookin.... anyone have any experience with this ???? be sure to try it out this season if such should happen...

Im taking tick off the cat or dogs all the time. I will give it a try and let you know. Even have tick stuff the vets sold us and doesnt seem to matter those nasty buggers are everywhere. Wifey had one on her the other night one of the animals brought in with them. Unreal how bad they are this year.

Odd, where I hunt in 4P, I spent 12 full days turkey hunting then hiking and didn't see one tick. I was running all over and sitting on the ground running and gunning. I also did not wear any spray even though i purchased some, kept forgetting. But not one tick...

Edited by PostedBoys Gallego

Odd, where I hunt in 4P, I spent 12 full days turkey hunting then hiking and didn't see one tick. I was running all over and sitting on the ground running and gunning. I also did not wear any spray even though i purchased some, kept forgetting. But not one tick...

sound like your in southeast, i think the worst of it's been upstate down to central n even western.. consider yourself lucky!!!!!!!!!

Up here where I have my camp I have yet to see a tick. Not saying we don't have any, just have not seen any on me or my two dogs. Last night it was 33 degrees and maybe some of those suckers went further south. LOL

One of the guys that I work with just bought a house in Miller Place that backs up to about 6 or seven acreas. His kids are always in the woods and he is extremely cautious. He checks them everytime they come out. I guess he missed one because his oldest son has two strands of Lyme's Disease. The poor kid has had fevers, aches, and half of his face is paralyzed. The doctors seem optimistic, however, they said it could take up to a year for his the paralysis in his face to go. If your in the woods on Long Island, I wood be extremely careful. Also, I don't know how the chiggers are this year, but I can't imagine that its not a problem as well being that we had such a mild winter.

I wonder why it seems to me that the tics and chiggers are such a problem on the island, but not as bad upstate. I have yet to pull a tick off of me when I'm upstate. knock on wood!!!

One of the guys that I work with just bought a house in Miller Place that backs up to about 6 or seven acreas. His kids are always in the woods and he is extremely cautious. He checks them everytime they come out. I guess he missed one because his oldest son has two strands of Lyme's Disease. The poor kid has had fevers, aches, and half of his face is paralyzed. The doctors seem optimistic, however, they said it could take up to a year for his the paralysis in his face to go. If your in the woods on Long Island, I wood be extremely careful. Also, I don't know how the chiggers are this year, but I can't imagine that its not a problem as well being that we had such a mild winter.

I wonder why it seems to me that the tics and chiggers are such a problem on the island, but not as bad upstate. I have yet to pull a tick off of me when I'm upstate. knock on wood!!!

Im not on the island, due east of lake ontario on the Salmon River and its bad here. It would of made you guys cringe to see all the ticks on the trapped fox this past year. I had one that was rendered useless as it had hundreds of them on it. Skinny and sickly looking. Sad to see.