How to hunt at work ?

accman

My son called me at 5:00 last night with pictures of 2 does he spotted just after work.  His company in Rockland has an open field and far enough away from housing and roads and decided to give it a try.  At 5:30, he sends a picture of a nice spike.  Then, I get a call on the house phone that he just shot a huge buck and I had to come up and help him get it to the car.  He thought it dropped right before it headed into the marsh.  It was a 40 yard shot, 60lb Mission bow, and he's real accurate.  He didn't even go another 40yds and dropped.  Unfortunately it was pouring rain when we clean him up, but a beautiful, heavy deer.  We took it up to a butcher in Orange county and he's having it caped and mounted.  He's taken an 8pt each bow season for the last 4 years, but this was his biggest yet. I, on the other hand, am still waiting for my first.  He reminded me we've been bow hunting 9 years and I still haven't gotten one.  Isn't he sweet, (lil *&%#), but still a proud papa. 

post-1579-0-60361900-1413986791_thumb.jp

post-1579-0-76239500-1413986813_thumb.jp

• Like 12

Nice looking deer.

Rockland county or the town Rockland in Sullivan county?

Better make sure that there no weapons policy on company grounds.  We aren't even allowed pocket knives.  Company box cutters to open delivered packages is okay, but no pen knifes.

• 2 weeks later...

He finally decided to get it mounted, full mount, semi-sneak, real nice look.  Took it to one of the local taxidermist near Port Jervis, just over the jersey line, North Jersey Taxidermy and he showed us a lot of nice work.  Some of our members had him do the work and it was great, specially a bobcat on a log, real impressive.  He's doing a show down at the Edison expo during January, so we'll head down there and see what it looks like.  He gave us a 6-8 month time limit, which is par for the course, so my son will have a mount to place on his wall when he gets the new place this month.  Hopefully, I'll get a bigger one during bow or rifle, but who's kidding who?