Rabbit Meat Pie

This was my grand mammys recipe. She would add various veggies; various spices to taste, but this is the basic recipe.

2- med. size rabbits

1- onion

3 med size potato ( cut as you like)

1 can green beans

1 can of pea

4 med carrots ( cut as you like)

1 cup mushroom

1 tbsp worchestershire sauce

2 tbsp salt

1 tbsp pepper

crust;

1 1/2 cup flour

3/4 cup butter

5-6 tbsp milk

I soak my rabbit meat in vinegar water over night. Rinse well.

Place rabbit in a stew pan, salt and cover with water. Cook until tender. Cool, then remove from the bone. (I have also crook pot my rabbit meat till tender)

In a skillet, melt butter. Add carrots, onion, and potatoes until tender, med high heat.  Add beans, peas, mushroom to the mixture. Cook until tender. Add rabbit. Add worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add other spices as you like.Mix all together. Take some of the rabbit water stock, adding corn starch to make a gravy.

Meat crust.

Mix 1 1/2 cups flour with 3/4 cup  melted butter. I use my floured hands to mix the crust mixture. Cut in milk, one tbsp at a time until slightly moist. Work dough into a ball, then divide in half. Roll out dough large enough to fit a 9 " pie plate. I use a  butter- flour coated pyrex dish. Add crust to the dish forming like you would a apple pie. Add the mixture to the dish. Mix the gravy with the mixture. Roll out other half of dough large enough to cover dish. Crimp the upper and lower part of the crust together. Form ridges around the pie plate. Fork  a few holes in the upper crust. Bake in a 350 degree oven until crust is golden brown. We serve with a tossed salad.

• Like 3