WTB: LH varmint rifle in .223

@600 unless somone is selling full setup.

The reason I was asking, as a lefty you may want to consider a single shot platform. Especially if you are just setting up a varmint gun. Follow up shots may not be an issue and there are some nice single shots in that price range. My cousin had an H&R in 223 with full bull barrel. it had nice laminate stocks and you could pick up some nice high powered glass and be very close to that budget. inside 300 yards it shot right with my Encore.

Thank you for all the great answers!  I will look around and pick up a new one then!  CCHC I have TC Encore already I may just get barrel for it with nice scope for few hundred dollars instead.  Someone mentioned to me before that they make special scope just for .223 caliber, is that true?

Thank you for all the great answers!  I will look around and pick up a new one then!  CCHC I have TC Encore already I may just get barrel for it with nice scope for few hundred dollars instead.  Someone mentioned to me before that they make special scope just for .223 caliber, is that true?

if you have an Encore that is a no brainer in my book.

Check this classified page out. I picked up my heavy 223 barrel on here and my 308 pistol barrel . Just watch, like any classified there are some guys that think their used is worth as much as new.

http://www.encoreclassifieds.com/forum/

Caliber Specific Riflescope .223 by Cabela's 3-12 matt finish 40 mm obj. $149.99 in the latest Cabela's catalog.

I stand corrected.

Anybody own one of them? (or any caliber specific scope?)

Some guys are shooting 40gr bullets while others are shooting 75gr's, what about velocity differences and all the many other factors in getting it calibrated?