Huntin Fool

BKhunter

I recently joined the huntin fool club thinking to gain some valuable insight on out west hunting as I want to try to do an annual DIY out west pack hunt every year. Every post I make barley gets a response. Has anyone else here belonged to that site? I seem to get answer to my question right away here and from many different viewpoints, but there not a peep. Has anyone else ever belong to this site and had the same experience? I feel like I just wasted money on the annual subscription there.

Does the site have a lot of traffic? Are you stating that your from NY?

Paula its one of the most popular publications for out west hunting. I have stated that I am from NY that could have something to do with it. Generally on this forum everyone is will to lend tips and guide people in the right direction. Not so much on that forum I guess. Oh well I guess I get a year magazine subscription out of it.

I never heard of it, but bowsite and monster muleys are awesome forums and very active. Both are free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz thanks for the tip.... I'll be sure to check them out

Biz thanks for the tip.... I'll be sure to check them out

No problem.

Monster Muleys is out west hunting only, broken down by species and state.

Bowsite is now only but all around the U.S. Canada Africa etc.

I go almost every year....I will be on a mule deer hunt late September this year...

I don't use hunting fools service, pretty much a combination of my own research, infor from BOwsite, rockslide, AT and a network of internet friends provide most my first hand info.

Where in NY are you located, not that it matters...and do you bow hunt or rifle hunt?

I go almost every year....I will be on a mule deer hunt late September this year...

I don't use hunting fools service, pretty much a combination of my own research, infor from BOwsite, rockslide, AT and a network of internet friends provide most my first hand info.

Where in NY are you located, not that it matters...and do you bow hunt or rifle hunt?

Trial,

I am located in Queens, but I hunt up in Hudson. I rifle and bow hunt. I am trying to learn more about pack hunting as I would like to become proficient in the DIY hunts out west. When you go do you stay in motels or do you pack hunt like I described above. I'm really trying to gain as much knowledge as possible as this is all new to me. I have been white tail hunting in NY for about 11 years and am looking to challenge myself more and no place seems more fitting then out west.

Biz steered you right with the Bowsite and MM forums...Lots of good info there..I have put together a number of good hunts using mostly info from these forums..

However, some of the bowhunting snobs on Bowsite won't talk to you if they know you are a rifle hunter.

Good luck !

• Like 1

Trial,

I am located in Queens, but I hunt up in Hudson. I rifle and bow hunt. I am trying to learn more about pack hunting as I would like to become proficient in the DIY hunts out west. When you go do you stay in motels or do you pack hunt like I described above. I'm really trying to gain as much knowledge as possible as this is all new to me. I have been white tail hunting in NY for about 11 years and am looking to challenge myself more and no place seems more fitting then out west.

It all depends on where I am hunting, might tent camp at the truck, may pack in and bivy hunt ...all depends on what's in the cards for the location.

Don't over think it, get some equipment and then put your name on an OTC and just go do it. The only way to learn is by experiences.

And FYI I am not far from Hudson at all.

• Like 1