Good day on the west branch

noodle one

Fished the Delaware this morning and hooked up on 9 fish,all browns. Landed 6. Four of them were small 10"in. two others were 14" to 16"in . Lost one when he made a jump and came off. looked to be around 16"in. Hooked up on another that stayed down, but felt like a good fish that I never saw. Best fish of the day was a 20"in plus that I had on for a good two min. and then came up and rolled three or four times and came off. I had many more bites and could not hook them. The bite was real light and soft, nothing hard. I only fished for two and one half hours before it started to rain hard and it was time to leave.

Ever fish the no kill, lure only spot under the 81 bridge in deposit? I use to go there in the spring with wolly buggers or a 3 inch zonker with sinking line stripped back to the shore and hang into some real screamers. I was never able to land any of them but they took me for a ride and was a blast.

Edited by erussell

Ever fish the no kill, lure only spot under the 81 bridge in deposit? I use to go there in the spring with wolly buggers or a 3 inch zonker with sinking line stripped back to the shore and hang into some real screamers. I was never able to land any of them but they took me for a ride and was a blast.

Yes I have fished there many times and have taken a lot of nice rainbows there. All the fish that I catch are all C/R .no matter were on I river I am fishing, that way I can go back another day and catch them again.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...