Scrap metal/junk

Dom

Just wanted to ask you folk's in west NY how the price's for scrap metal is doing?I am doing a huge clean out and looking to get the most out of what i have,that is why i am asking.

Well judging by the trucks that travel around picking it up ,I'd say its good. You can't have ANY metal last at the curb for much more then an hour or two .

I have no idea of prices, but evreyone takes it to Kriegers http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriegers-Recycling/169584766390535 perhaps they can give you prices.

I have no idea of what scrap metal is going for either . We have a recycling place ( ALPCO ) in Macedon and they do a heck of a lot of business .

We had spring cleanup at the Town Barns in Ontario a few weeks ago . They would take anything you brought in ( almost everything ) and it was surprising how much scrap metal was dropped off . The Town takes the metal to ALPCO as well as batteries and gets the money . It's a win win for getting rid of junk .

I called are local scrap dealer the other day.Have a bunch of stuff piled up on my land I have been clearing out. Tin was $210 and cars ranged between $210 to $220. Copper was way down on like $2.85.

That is alot lower price than this area,car's are 8.00$ per 100 lbs.I allways pick up scrap my wife get's annoyed but i will make a tax free buck any day.You would be suprised what get's thown out or dumped.