black mold

Red

any one have any experience with removing black mold on their own? tomorrow im heading out to the cabin that i recently purchased to do some gutting. the place has been abandoned for 3 years the sky light was smashed in and the spare bedroom took on the elements rain and snow for the past few years. so tomorrow morning im gonna head out and start gutting out that room and the room next to it. tomorrow i just plan on ripping all the walls down and ceiling and then doing more next weekend or the weekend after. any tips would be really apreciated. i went to depot and grabbed a good respirator gloves boot covers and a tyvak suit.

Yes i have removed before I have done some with company that remod's home's.Supply's that you have will work,also suggest going back to depot and get this product called mold armour after removing debris you can spray this on and it will kill remaining spore's hope this help's.

• Like 1

Spraying with bleach is no good that is a myth any added moisture will produce more mold.The best way to get rid of is just like you said completely gut to fraimming and start over.A dehumidafire is also good to use in this project.And you are welcome.

After gutting as much as possible, use a detergent and clean any other areas of visable mold. You can't "kill" mold, you can only control it by keeping moisture and humidity at bay. Mold goes dormant with no moisture.

Don't be fooled by all the mold products........