Sick Tick Picture...

MuzzyLoader

Check this post out from the Bowhunting.com forum:

http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?35007-For-those-wondeiring-how-bad-the-ticks-are-this-year&p=476092#post476092

I've been visiting my hunting areas and scouting (I don't have any trail camers) around. I haven't seen any ticks on me or my clothing - yet. Guess I better get some of that stuff they mention to help me continue to not see any.

That's nuts! I never knew they'd latch onto cold blooded critters.

As much time as I spend in the woods in the summer, I haven't had any chew on me yet.

Too funny Wooly... but I know what you mean. I never thought anything would become parasitic to a cold-blooded creature.

Though I don't for a moment want anyone to take deer ticks lightly, the snake photo is almost surely a case of someone finding a photo on the internet and twisting the story to make it something else. The snake looks like a ball python (not native to the US) that is covered with African Ticks, and fortunately you don't have to worry about that species unless you work with imported reptiles or go to Africa.

Though I don't for a moment want anyone to take deer ticks lightly, the snake photo is almost surely a case of someone finding a photo on the internet and twisting the story to make it something else. The snake looks like a ball python (not native to the US) that is covered with African Ticks, and fortunately you don't have to worry about that species unless you work with imported reptiles or go to Africa.

doesn't matter what kind they are, still ticks and its still gross

• Like 1