How many of you....

growalot

That have either private or leased lands with particular singular deer that get a pass year to year? IE...here at home we usually have at least one that no one will shoot....that's land owners....for several years....usually a doe and they have some sort of old wound ..but still raise fawns

there have been a few 3 legged "Mommas" and a couple of flop ears...slugs went through the ear instead of deer...we figure they were lucky , tough or smart enough to survive .....they deserve a pass

I choose a few to "save," does and bucks. We'll looking for good genetic potential. My hunting partners respect my decision. Maybe the neighbors might harvest, maybe not. I'll be the first to congats. them if they do, but at least they have a chance walking by us. Some of them, really have to have good self control to pass, but that's our "way of hunting."

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

if the buck is not in the top 20% of deer cam pics it gets a pass. does, had 2 piebald that were all withe with brown patches on their heads, got passed several years until a pocher shot them both took the heads and left the bodies in the ditch.

There was this one doe last year that i used to see almost every day when i sat my creek bottom stand. I named her "the olympic doe" because every afternoon she would start doing laps around the lower flats of this bottom. She would go at breakneck speed, jumping logs and racing right under my stand, and run this exact same loop, over and over. It was a good size loop, maybe a bit smaller then a football field, and she would put 15 to 20 laps in almost daily. It took all i could do not to audibly laugh my butt off as she came around the bend and would head right for me and then up and around. Even when i was out looking to shoot a doe, there was no way i was going to shoot her, even if she stopped right in front of me. The entertainment was worth more then the meat..LOL

I let all bucks walk until rut that way i get a chance at seeing that monster and i shoot many does before rut so the bucks will have to travel more to find a doe and that gives me a better chance at seeing a big buck

What if you see a monster opening day?? All bucks walk until the rut??