U.N. anti gun agenda at work. Are we next?

I have no doubt that we are going to be in real trouble, soon. Obama shows no regard for the constitution in other issues. Why should the right to bear arms be any different? He thinks he can do whatever he wants, and he gets away with it. The whole administration is criminal.

Voting for Democrats is voting for more gun control, period! There is no way to deny they have given us every anti-gun law on the books and are not nearly satisfied with what exists now. They have made their intention known, for elimination of the 2nd Amendment and all gun rights, numerous times. You may like what they do in other areas (because you have been fooled) but if you vote for them, you will see attacks on gun rights.

• Like 1

The United Nations

This week, a month-long series of negotiations on a proposed international small-arms arms treaty kicked off in New York City. There are, incidentally, 193 countries participating in the talks- you may have heard of a half-dozen or so of them. The rest make a goodly percent of their nations' livelihoods being professional recipients of the UN's equivalent of welfare.

Supporters of the proposed treaty are confident that by the end of the month, there will be a treaty in place. Now, we find the United States among those supporters of at least a part of the treaty. That's a complete about-face from the past.

The United States' UN contingent has been told - in no uncertain terms- that the people of the United States want no part of any UN governance over anything Second Amendment related. Guess what? Our diplomats, headed by "rock star" (that's the NY Times description, not mine) diplomat - and Secretary of State- Hillary Clinton, have decided that we're too-ignorant to know what's good for us.

Seems they're more than prepared to sign the UN treaty on traffic in small arms on our behalf. They're already on record as being prepared to accept controlling the trade in guns -but are pushing back on ammunition. China and Russia (two scions of individual freedoms) have said they're not supporting a limit on arms production or sales - or a human rights requirement for those sales.

Our staunch allies Britain, France, Germany and Sweden have called for a legally binding treaty. Excuse me, but I'm not feeling the need to be helped along by our "allies" who have already restricted everything from guns and pocket knives to harsh or words.

But I'm not the current administration. They have quietly reversed the United States' previous opposition to the treaty.

If/when ratified, the United Nations treaty on small arms isn't supposed to have an impact on our domestic policies regarding firearms. Excuse me if I'm a bit distrustful of anything from the United Nations, Hillary Clinton or the rest of the current administration.

Having covered the shenanigans of diplomats at the United Nations, traveled in countries where UN "peacekeepers" were on the job and seen the results of their stabilizing presence, I'm not reassured by their assurances.

It seems inappropriate that on the Friday following our Independence Day we find ourselves - once again- looking at another erosion of our rights.

Unfortunately, 2012 looks more like the days before the Declaration of Independence than the two centuries of freedom that followed the standards set forth in that document.

US Senator Rand Paul has joined with the National Association of Gun Rights to put together a Firearms Sovereignty Survey (http://www.nagr.org/UN_RP_Survey2.aspx )that anyone can sign and let their Senators know they're AGAINST the UN move. It also includes a pledge to vote against any Senator who supports ratification of the UN Small Arms Treaty.

Jim Shepard

The Outdoor Wire

Let's say the crap hits the fan. Are you guys really worried about the government enslaving us? (they already are in many ways) Did you see how hard it was for allied troops to secure Iraq and other countries? Do you really think it can happen here in OUR backyards? I think not. They can't even contain a nation of rock throwers.

If this legislation gets through it'll be the last straw that breaks the camels back.

• Like 1