New Lease Buck

nyfur

While I am sure that is true, it does not affect what they can do. While we wish they could investigate everything that is reported to them, I am sure they have to prioritize thier work load. Unfourtunatly they can not check every report and or respont to every call.

I agree I was trying to make the point that the DEC isnt around every tree...lol. In all my years I have been checked 2 times fishing, 3 time hunting and all 3 were waterfowl hunting. (35 years)

yrs ago (20?) i got a ticket for fishing with out a lic. my friend said here hold this so i can light a cigarette, i barley had a grip on it and he asked if i had lic. i said you must have heard her ask me to hold pole, he said doenst matter i was holding it now. $25 fine

Edited by paula

LOL If your that into acronyms I guess. All I can tell you is last fall while fishing a plain closed officer was fishing next to me, I seen his badge under his vest. I asked him if he was an ECO and his response was no DEC officer we no longer use the name ECO and havent in a long time. Asked for my license and then moved down to the next hole fishing for violators.

According to this,they do still exist. ECO's that is. Copyright © 2012 New York State Department of Environmental Conservation

http://www.dec.ny.gov/65.html

I noticed that earlier when I looked Single Shot. The area Im in is a training ground as well for DEC. I see them everyday driving by or somewhere around the area or at there headquarters. I will have to pay some attention as to what the patch on the jacket or emblems on the SUV's says. Not that it really matters just curious is all.

wdswtr, providing specific a location or coordinates is different then someone saying that there is a picture of a bait pile on some unknown tract of leased land somewhere in NYS. I've never heard of satelite monitoring and I have been involved in the eradication of about 150 dope grows.

To the rest, the term "execution of duties" or something similarly worded is what is granted to ECO's to enter onto private property. That is not a carte blanche to enter onto private property. If an ECO makes up an excuse to enter the property for a witch hunt, then that is an integrity issue. Like everything, it is written in black and white but has gray all over it.

Although I do not see very many ECO's from what that document says they are still around. Like it says a ECO is a DEC police officer. Thats one thing I always remember is they are always armed and DEC officers are not always armed. (Probably depends on level/rank involement of enforcement with DEC.) I have heard stories of people getting ticketed for something because they though the guy behind them could not give out traffic tickets... They use to drive white/green trucks with lights on them and are probably our best defense against poachers.

While I do not get to see Bruce the park ranger that comes to inspect our camp site(I am usually in the woods...) I can tell you he will enter it at will... He is a great guy and is welcome in my camp and tent any time... I believe as a stewart of the forest and officer to it's conservation he has every legal right to inspect a camp site and tent.

"Like everything, it is written in black and white but has gray all over it" I agree with you on that cwhite. Once a person is caught poaching I believe that is enough evidence for inspection and confiscation of a dwelling but I am not sure. The person I remember was caught giving the meat away, he apparently shot one to many. Possibly this factor is what lead to his confiscation, it is possible he allowed the officer in the dwelling as well...

wdswtr, providing specific a location or coordinates is different then someone saying that there is a picture of a bait pile on some unknown tract of leased land somewhere in NYS. I've never heard of satelite monitoring and I have been involved in the eradication of about 150 dope grows

I wasnt trying to reference anything to a picture of a baitpile. But yeah I would have to agree it would prove more worthy of a pinpoint location. This was a drug task force team that was sent in. They had a handheld device to mark coordinates and said it was to pinpoint the satelite imaging to the area. Could be a ploy or scare tatic on there part I dont know but I do have family members in law enforcement that said this was common practice. Maybe its a county by county thing since it was sherrifs department that took the call, I dont know. All I know is it was to close to home for me to want any part of the dope growing near me and the problem was solved and eradicated rather smoothly I might say.

I wasnt trying to reference anything to a picture of a baitpile. But yeah I would have to agree it would prove more worthy of a pinpoint location. This was a drug task force team that was sent in. They had a handheld device to mark coordinates and said it was to pinpoint the satelite imaging to the area. Could be a ploy or scare tatic on there part I dont know but I do have family members in law enforcement that said this was common practice. Maybe its a county by county thing since it was sherrifs department that took the call, I dont know. All I know is it was to close to home for me to want any part of the dope growing near me and the problem was solved and eradicated rather smoothly I might say.

I didn't mean it to sound like I was accusing you of referring the picture for to DEC, but that comment earlier is what turned the thread to the legal world. I hate talking legal anything, just tried to clear up some common misconceptions. I would rather talk about anything but legal BS.

Hey, the Yankee's got Ichiro and lost A-Rod for close to 6 weeks.