Bronx= new turkey hot spot

ANTLERS

It seems playing golf in the off season is a good way to do some scouting,While playing golf in the Bronx today,Split rock GC,This guy,along with 3 young jakes strolls by.And they all had that Bronx attitude,i.e. "whata you lookin at".

post-348-0-14355300-1343099766_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hah, the Bronx doesn't have anything on Staten Island. The damn things cause traffic jams here because they have no fear.

http://articles.nyda...dential-streets

This is no joke, I have vids/photos of them moseying up and down the streets. I especially love how they cross Hylan at the crosswalk by Seaview Ave to raid the garbage cans. Don't walk sign? Turkeys are like call the cops, IDGAF.

• Like 1

This is no joke, I have vids/photos of them moseying up and down the streets. I especially love how they cross Hylan at the crosswalk by Seaview Ave to raid the garbage cans. Don't walk sign? Turkeys are like call the cops, IDGAF.

Never mind the turkey but the deer population in Staten Island has boomed and estimated to be over a few hundred. I rarely saw them and only in one section of staten island now I am seeing them everyday. Staten Island has a huge project going on converting the old land fill into a park that is going to be 3x times the size of central park and this has become a deer haven. I am seeing the deer feeding in open areas every evening off of Arthur Kill rd. This park is quite interesting and should be really amazing. Check out this link:

http://www.nycgovparks.org/park-features/freshkills-park/

They can try, but the deer population is beyond control unless they decide to kill them. I see groups of 10-12 moving through the woods now, and if you go to Clay Pit or Mount Loretto, the groups can be even larger. I've seen some amazing bucks in some places too.

If you go down to the driving range / paintball places near the old oil towers, you can see deer grazing on the far side of the range every morning. Twenty people launching balls at them and they barely flinch.

I bust the chops of community board 3 every now and then to tell them to start a archery-only lottery to cull the herd. Instead of having to pay thousands to deal with the problem, they can make money. =D

• Like 1

I bust the chops of community board 3 every now and then to tell them to start a archery-only lottery to cull the herd. Instead of having to pay thousands to deal with the problem, they can make money. =D

That's all I was thinking the entire time I was reading this thread. It would be a awesome idea.

Would you eat a deer that lived on an old landfill tho, thats the question... haha

Edited by SteveNY

I wouldn't hunt the landfill, I know exactly where I would go, and pretty much the exact buck I would be looking for. Lol :)

I dont think I could eat any deer that came off of Staten Island for the simple reason there is no agriculture and they probably wouldnt taste very good.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't hunt the landfill, I know exactly where I would go, and pretty much the exact buck I would be looking for. Lol :)

It's been a while since they've sent me up that way, but I imagine they must be petty deep in the wooded areas by Brielle and Rockland, no? I don't know if that's a park, or state land or what, but it seems like a pretty likely spot. If you don't know where I mean, I think it's near the country club.

It's been a while since they've sent me up that way, but I imagine they must be petty deep in the wooded areas by Brielle and Rockland, no? I don't know if that's a park, or state land or what, but it seems like a pretty likely spot. If you don't know where I mean, I think it's near the country club.

They are there but now they are also being seen on Arthur Kill near Richmond Town, Wolfs Pond park and Gateway park.