Remington 700 Varmit rifle in 308 win

Remington 700 varmint rifle in 308 with a Leupold vari-x 3- 6.5x20x50 long range tactical scope. Also comes with 62 rounds of 168 gr 308 match ammo. Asking $1400 for the whole thing. Scope itself retails for almost $1300 and is an excellent scope at 200 yrds you can watch your bullets hit the target. I have only put 30 rds through it and I cleaned after every shot. Rifle was taken out and cleaned and oiled every few months but has sit in my gun cabinet for 5 yrs. Only serious inquiries please. Also I live in Binghamton NY.

post-358-131455325358_thumb.jpg

post-358-131455325462_thumb.jpg

post-358-131455325622_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What model of the 700 is that? Does it have a floated barrel?

model 700 varmit with heavy barrel. It has a HS percision stock with aluminum bedding not sure if that means its "floated" but the stock is bedded ,yes.  Now asking $650 for gun, rings, bipod, and 62 rounds of ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you selling?I have the same rifle in 308 and 22-250 they are tack drivers.

Want to buy a nice flintlock kit from track of the wolf to work on this winter. plus I never use it. I agree its a tack driver, 300yrds is boring shooting with it. Need something atleast 500 yrds to make it some sort of a challenge. Ive just lost all interest in modern cartridge guns, Though I would trade for a remington 7600 synthetic pump if anyone is interested in an even trade. I find the front stuffers addictive and fun to shoot. Unfortunatelly I have about $1500 invested into this gun and I think I will have to take a schellacking to offload it. The gun is basiclly brand new, I started breaking in the barrel by cleaning after every shot. The scope Im not sure what to do with it yet. Im afraid I wont get anywhere near what I paid for it and it is basiclly brand new also. I might trry and put it on my inline muzzloader though I think it is more scope than is needed for it. Maybe put it on craigslist and see what happens. 

Don't piece out that set-up!!!

If you put that scope on a ML, you'll regret it!

Try one of the gun auction sites.

You'd be suprised how easy it is to buy, sell or ship a rifle to a FFL by using them.

Here's 3 I've visited in the past, sure there are many more:

http://www.auctionarms.com/

http://www.gunbroker.com/

http://www.gunsamerica.com/