How often do you change position

pointman

This is my first year ever using a trail cam and damn its addicting. Luckily, the property is about 45 minutes from where I live. I check it every 2 weeks by bringing my digital camera into the woods and swapping out sd cards. If I still lived at my parents house (5-10 minutes from hunting spot), I'd be tempted to check it every day lol.

i have done 2-3 wks. drove me crazy at first. i had my camera out early because it was something new to me. when i found a good path i kept it there for 2 month and when the traffic died down i moved it 2 wks ago to another path. i am going out tomorrow to get it and i can't wait.

I would leave it as long as possible. Like posted above very addicting. I would say if you dont have a set spot to get pics of deer move it around every 2 weeks or so until u pick up a good spot where you are getting a lot of pics...maybe kind of hard if just on any plain old deer trail if you dont have a food source cant bait in New York so you may have your work cut out for you.

From experience i know, i ran an old cam years ago before i put in food plot and after a month of so would only get a couple doe pics and an occasional other animal (fox coon etc)

Once food plot went in last year got repeated doe fawn and turkey pics. Not getting so lucky with repeat buck pics (see my other post i started today) but have been getting some passing through buck shots.

Regardless i didnt see JACK except a small hen turkey that i missed with my recurve the entire bow season sitting over this plot where my cam was. Let me tell you it aint like you see on tv at least not for me and i was getting pics everyday up unitl bow season and up unitl gun season.

Good luck and its a lot of fun. One good buck pic makes sitting for long hours on the stand that much easier.