Venison tenderloin with Red Wine reduction sauce

kgun12

Take your favorite root veges, turnips, beets, carrots, potatoes, whatever and roast until tender.

Put a very light (I mean very light) coating of pan searing flour on the meat and sear the tenderloin on all sides then put in oven for 8-10 minutes depending if you like rare or medium rare

While the meat is cooking put finely diced onion and garlic in the same pan you cooked the meat in and cook until tender, then take a cup and a half of your favorite red wine pour into the pan, this will deglaze the bottom of the pan and add a lot of flavor to the sauce. Cooked the wine, onions and garlic in on medium heat and reduce. The searing flour with thicken the wine sauce. Righr before you take the sauce off the burner put 2-3 pads of butter in the sauce and mix in well.

Let the meat rest for atleast 5 minutes cut on a diagonal, put on serving plate, pour some of the wine sauce over the top, put the rest is a gravy bowl. Serve with the roasted root veges and the extra sauce. ENJOY!

A meal fit for a King!!!

You do not mention oven temperature. I cannot imagine putting a venison tenderloain in the oven for ten minutes!

Sorry about 300-350 depending on oven. Searing won't cook it enough and 8-10 minutes is just about right.

BTW my brother in law is a chef in Portland, I made this meal for him last November, he saud he could put this in is resturant and charge $48 for the dish!

Sorry about 300-350 depending on oven. Searing won't cook it enough and 8-10 minutes is just about right.

BTW my brother in law is a chef in Portland, I made this meal for him last November, he saud he could put this in is resturant and charge $48 for the dish!

Im sure he could charge that much for the dish. There is a retaurant by my parents that sells exotic meat dishes and i went there and ordered a venision dish. sounded great on paper and tasted awesome... however I got four 2" -2 1/2" slices of meat and veggis with mashed potatos. and was charged $28 I had to stop at burger king on the way home so I felt full.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...