rangefinders

hipjak

Leupold RX-750. If you search the forums, you will prob find a couple of topics. I think I commented on one last year. It also generated a lot of discussion about the angle compensating features. Personally I got one with it because back home in MT I hunt mountains all the time and need it. HEre in NY I really don't need it. My suggestion is to go to BPS or GM and try em out and find one you like. And if you can get some kind of service plan or warranty on it I would. I think my leupold had a lifetime warranty.

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/rangefinders/rx-rangefinders/rx-750-tbr-digital-laser-rangefinder/

i agree, you really don't need the angle compensator just because your hunting from a tree stand, do the math, range from stand height is only a yard more than ground yardage which isn't going to make a difference in pin selection or where you hold... like RevEv said ya only need it if your taking uphill or downhill STEEP shots in mountainous country... I have used a simple wildview rangefinder for years and never had a problem and there only a hundred bucks... although the nikon's are very nice... good luck in your search..

My Simmons just arrived today...seems accurate and easy to use. For the price just over $100 after rebate I am happy so far. Te only him I see presenting a minor issue is the magnification(4x). Just did not feel ikeshelling out extra bucks for more mag. I'll see more in the woods.

sportsmans guide had one in the catalog back two weeks ago w/ the angle comp for $89 went too fast so i but the simmons i left mine on the seat of my car came home from work didnt lock the doors i forgot i live inthe city

Oy vey! That sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

Since I grew up in the city, I always make a habit of locking the car door. When I lived in Michigan people use to think I was crazy for locking the car door each and every time I got out of the car.