Truball slugs $1.49 at Dicks

Nomad

$3.50 a box and a 2 dollar per box rebate. 5 per rebate,so I bought 15 boxes as 3 seperate sales of 5,got 3 rebates and sales slips,clerk was fine with it.

3 kids behind me thought I was "stocking up'' ha , I keep 500 plus rounds per calibre at home,one said he never used more then a box all season,ya I used 2 slugs for 2 deer last year,but I think one should maybe PRATICE ....

• Like 1

Truballs are dirty...but great slugs for the smoothbores. I switched two years ago and have taken advantage of similar sales at Gander.

I'll probably go by 5. Be sure to buy in the same lot...I noticed Gander had a bunch from various lots, and I peeked inside the carton of each box to make sure the lots were a match.

Ya i shoot a BPS Buck special, which has a tighter barrel, and fouling can be a problem with these slugs. I got a steel jag with O rings around it, a little fine steel wool around it does a great job at removing it.

• 4 weeks later...