Price quote on any of these

Friend of mine wants to know what they are worth. Ive looked up some but thought maybe some of you have some of these. :biggrin:

Savage 300 Lever Model 99

Enfield 30-06 Model 1917

Ithaca 12ga pump

J.P Sauer + Sohn 16ga DB

Winchester 30 Lever Model 94

Savage 20ga DB

Mossberg 22 Rifle Model 152

Winchester 22 Rifle Pump 1890

Edited by magnumhunt

Probably worth it to your friend to buy The Blue Book of Gun Values, 2012 version.

Way too many variables to price fairly.

What Lawdwaz said...

Even then, the Blue Book is just a general guide. Many times getting a decent price just involves finding a buyer who happens to WANT what you are selling.

Conditon and date of manufacture is very important, especially several of the firearms listed are collectible.

For instance a late manufacture Model 94 that has been altered from it's original condition or beat to hell might be worth only a couple hundred bucks, but if it is a pre-1964 in excellent unaltered condition, it might be worth ten times that much.

Yeah, Ants...The US 1917 is another good example..I Bought one a few years ago that had been sporterized ( not real well, either) but it was a functional 30-06...Bought it for $100, felt lucky to sell it for $125...

However, if it had been an unaltered, as issued, Remington or Eddystone in good condition, it would have been worth several hundred dollars.

In that case I'd probably still HAVE it..LOL..

The handful of gunsmith's I've dealt with wouldn't be a good source for pricing info. anyway, IMO. They seem to be cut from the same cloth as a taxidermist. <grin> Odd ducks..............<grin>

Whatever you do, don't tame them to Gander Mountain for a trade in..............<no grin>

<grin>

Another point, the internet is an amazing source (only obviously) of valuable information. Guns International, Gun Broker and Guns America are great web sites that are chocked full of good material.

Asking price and selling price are two hugely (Billy Fuccillo like) different numbers but you should be able to get enough info. to be dangerous!!