Airgun Squirrel Hunt At Stewart State Forest

13BVET

I might be in. I am off of work this weekend and wouldn't mind some hunting before bow season opens up. but i think my old airgun is probably too slow for anything but paper at this point. I got it about 12 or 13 years ago its an old daisy pump. I am surprised it still works but i think it does have a small leak in the air chamber starting.

Anyone got any advice on a decent air gun around or under $100? maybe even somthing from walmart?

Tom

Tom, you can get the Crosman Phantom break barrel for $80 at WalMart.

Most guys that start with airguns will go for either a pimp or break barrel. Difference between them is power versus accuracy. It's much cheaper to get and accurate gun from a pump than it is from a break barrel.

For hunting purposes, sometimes accuracy is much more important than power, especially for small game like squirrels.

I would prefer the pimp over the break barrel for a first airgun.

Most guys that start with airguns will go for either a pimp or break barrel. Difference between them is power versus accuracy. It's much cheaper to get and accurate gun from a pump than it is from a break barrel.

For hunting purposes, sometimes accuracy is much more important than power, especially for small game like squirrels.

I'd go with a "pimp" too. Preferably "Flyguy" from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka".

I agree that the "pimps" can be accurate, but, as you and I know, so can the break barrels, if used right. The problem with the pumps, is that the stocks tend to come loose after a while. We had to start somewhere with the break barrels, and can be just as accurate. Can't put it off forever, otherwise you'd never learn.

Again I'm new at this, what is the reason to not hunt for squrriel after oct 1st , is it because of how crowed it gets? Or do the big game hunters don't play well together kinda like a skier vs snowboarder rival type of thing?

Again I'm new at this, what is the reason to not hunt for squrriel after oct 1st , is it because of how crowed it gets? Or do the big game hunters don't play well together kinda like a skier vs snowboarder rival type of thing?

Most guys that hunt small game also hunts deer. So if we was to target a good sized gathering, we should accommodate those that plan on deer hunting opening day for bow as well.

I'm planning on bowhunting the moment the season opens which means on Oct 1st, I'll be out there before the sun even comes up. While, I have no problem going out there on Saturday, resting on Sunday, then heading out for the opener on Monday, some guys might find it a bit exhausting and would rather same their time and energy for the bow season opener.

Are we meeting up this weekend?

Unfortunately, I can't. My insurance screwed up, and claimed we didn't pay for a month. Their records show that they're wrong, but that won't be straightened out until Monday-the DMV has my regi as "suspended". It's a total disaster...........