Losing some hunting property --Help!

Deerthug

Hey Biz,

I'm 15 to 20 minutes from Colgate University, Hamilton College, SUNY Morrisville, Utica College of Syracuse University, and Mohawk Valley Community College, and 30 minutes to SUNY IT. On the map I am smack dab in the middle of the state if you draw a line between Albany and Buffalo (east/west) and Watertown and Binghamton (north to south). I'm about 31/2 hours from NYC, 90 minutes to Albany, 40 minutes to Syracuse, 2/12 hours to Rochester, 1/12 hours to Binghamton, 15 minutes to Utica, 40 minutes to Cooperstown (baseball hall of fame). Is that in the middle of nowhere? Perhaps.....I'll knock off a million from the price.....lol!

Hey Biz,

I'm 15 to 20 minutes from Colgate University, Hamilton College, SUNY Morrisville, Utica College of Syracuse University, and Mohawk Valley Community College, and 30 minutes to SUNY IT. On the map I am smack dab in the middle of the state if you draw a line between Albany and Buffalo (east/west) and Watertown and Binghamton (north to south). I'm about 31/2 hours from NYC, 90 minutes to Albany, 40 minutes to Syracuse, 2/12 hours to Rochester, 1/12 hours to Binghamton, 15 minutes to Utica, 40 minutes to Cooperstown (baseball hall of fame). Is that in the middle of nowhere? Perhaps.....I'll knock off a million from the price.....lol!

You have that property in West Chester NY you would easily get $20 mil

No we had permssion from the owner separately. It forbid him from leasing, renting or sellng to others. I made sure of that.

The reason was because before it was subdivided the owner rented out to a local gun club and we wanted to make sure he could not do it anymore.

Im confused. How can permission give you the right to forbid the owner of his land from renting selling or leasing to others? You said you hunted that piece for free too. I am a tad confused on how in the subdivision you have a claus where no one can hunt,bike, 4 wheel, basically anything outdoor related but yet you have been hunting it based of permission from owner. So your deed says only you can do that on neighboring land and no one else who buys the neighbors land that you have no monetary investment in? Thats some messed up shit. Sure glad I live absolutely no where near that place.

Edited by wdswtr

Hey Biz,

Maybe you can rent out it to some college kids or sell it for $300K? Doubt you getting millions up there buddy.

I guess you think we are joking or something? If so, see below. Took 2 minutes to research.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/567-Polly-Park-Rd-Rye-NY-10580/2118939990_zpid/ 34 acres for $19MM with an adjecent 10 acres lot for $9MM

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Call-Listing-Mohegan-Lake-NY-10547/2117268865_zpid/ 30 acres for $19MM

Oh and if you want a house included, heres one for you $30MM for 21 acres + House. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/55-Springhurst-Rd-Bedford-Hills-NY-10507/33010296_zpid/

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Hey Biz,

I don't have $20 million, maybe I can rent a stand for a case of beer! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I had the pleasure of meeting the new owner (from N.H.P.) of the adjacent property and his cousin (from CT) on Sunday afternoon. They were actually very nice and respectful. He has not hunted in over 10 years but his cousin is an avid longbow hunter for 30 yrs. The new owner plans on building a house to live there year round. When I asked him whether we should pull our stands he actually asked if we coud leave them up and if he could have permssion to use them. I was caught by surprise but of course i agreed. He also granted us permssion to hunt the land. We exchanged our contact info had a beer and chatted about hunting adventures. Looks like we are getting some nice neighbors who can watch over our property when we are not around. I admit I "jumped the string" in my earlier posts.

• Like 1