Finished up last stand....

growalot

I've been trying to stay out of areas I normally hunt...I have one area where I have not hunted in 2 seasons.....Seeing ppl around me can't stay out so the deer have a sanctuary ...I've opened it up again...This was the last fix up, shore up I had to do on any of the stands..so I took some pics..Hope you like the material I replaced one side of blind with....

The stand sits between 5 running streams...they open up east of the stand and flow west...It is a saddle in the middle of a steep hill...the stand sits north of the 3rd creek in the middle of beech ...witch hazel and 5 producing old red oaks

No Biz ...this area is only 411 ft wide...and heavily hunted on both sides...no way I'd be on the ground during gun season....I have hunted it during bow on the ground...but the doe I shot ran straight down hill off our place and was lost in a swamp..that ended up taking some of my gear as well...2 person track job and the guy with me got too the swamp and said no way....Don't bow hunt there any more

This is a shot gun area...I have always hunted up high...remember I've been nearly shot several times on the ground and once in a stand...There's a fear factor in there for me...Down at camp I hunt from the ground and have taken some nice deer...but even if I sit in one of the guys stands ...It's like being on the ground....8-10ft up is all they go...lol

But for all that Biz...you missed what my blind material is..... there's a message in there for ya.......lol

Grow, are those smile faces or peace signs?

Biz are you being serious?

I never hunted from a treestand in my life. Feel like its too constricting. You are stuck there. Whereas from the ground, you can quietly move into a better shooting position. More than 50% of the deer I have taken in NY, I saw the deer, then slowly moved to a better position, then took the shot.

everyone is different, there are some who choose to only bowhunt from a stand some believe that its better from a stand and never be on the ground. i went hog hunting once and that was from a stand. this is the first year i have my own stand and i am nervous about being up there.

Virgil...We own land in a very very high hunting area..and in one of NY's biggest buck take areas...so there are many camps...and lots of locals that were raised with shoot until something drops...There's also a bit of...hhhmmm.... not so upstanding citizens around here...This morning I hear a car then a toot...the dog was out keeping an eye on things...I go out on the porch and this guy yells from the window..I'm looking for so and so...I have know clue...he then says ...I'm from social services and suppose to pick him up for a court appointment...really good luck with that never heard of him....State troopers and sheriffs stop me regularly every year.... looking for this one or that....all but one neighbor and us has been robbed I wont even get into the local heroin addicts living around here We we moved to this property...we removed a pick up truck full of little brown genesee beer bottles ...just found a bunch more 16yrs later...all from hunters ...you'd think we were in Rochester...lol

That said we've bought more land...because you can't beat this property for being great hunting....and just a beautiful area

PS ...it's not just hunting though.....Oh I've come close way too many times other than hunting....from the age of 4 all the way through...I think that there are ppl ..I'm by far not the only one that attract different sort of things in their lives...mine are near misses and strange ppl

IE ...shopping ....the kids hated shopping with me...it's an ordeal really ...I'll smile at a stranger... next thing I know they are telling me things...well you wouldn't tell your priest...or about every single surgery they or a loved one has had...or the troubles their kids and family are having...My kids use to tell me not to smile or nod at anyone before we hit the doors...Mr B says it's some thing in my eyes...they read it as OK...I just nod and say something comforting or encouraging and they go away saying thank you...I never know their names haven't a clue as to who they are...they just see me unburden and walk away...Who knows why????...lol

My area isn't all that different then any of yours out there ...I'm sure.....it's that I'm always at my place ...around when others are out commuting to jobs...you'd be surprised I'm sure of how many police may visit your area for ppl ...during the day when your away...Or what drug addicts you may have around...look for the ones that scratch a lot ;) ...I think the low taxes attract them....lol