She lies in wait

SteveNY

This is a new-to-me, Ben Pearson Spoiler Plus.

I got it for free from my girlfriends parents. It was her grandfathers and was just sitting in their basement collecting dust.

70# 29"

I added a nocking loop, a peep sight, and some string silencers. Picked up a release too, and (6) Beman ICS Bowhunter arrows. Had a lot of loose screws and the sight with all the pins actually fell off after a shot before I realized it was so loose :fie: . She's all primped and preped now tho! I have shot it about ~500 times and it shoots rather well.

Today the UPS man came with a few more additions to my new bowhunting addiction. Some bowstring wax, a rubber arrow puller, a plastic broadhead wrench, and a (3) pack of 100 grain Muzzy MX-4 broadheads.

You can see in the pic of my target I had a lot of hits left of the bull, but I adjusted my sights and had much better grouping after that. This was at 20 yards.

I think its not too bad for someone who shot a compound bow only once or twice before, when I was about 14. :P

I have my bow hunters ed course next week, just in time before the season opens on the first. Can't wait to get out there with the bow and broaden my hunting opportunities.

Just wanted to share, good luck out there everyone!

post-1556-0-82452200-1347565274_thumb.jp

post-1556-0-00673100-1347566103_thumb.jp

I usually go with 2 but sometimes up to 4 depending how many different aiming points are on the target. I never shoot at the same point with more than one arrow. Gets to be agrivating replacing nocks and fletchings all the time if you go with more than one arrow. As fall arrives I switch to broadheads and only shoot one arrow. I shoot as if each time it is the first arrow Im putting into a deer and make them count. Gives you more rest inbetween shots and keeps your shoulders from getting worn out fast. I find that after a few rounds of 4 or more arrows my groups start to open up from poor shooting form due to shoulders getting tired.