Hand load question

ants

Yesterday a friend gave me a box and a half of 7mm-08 hand loads that he got from the family of a mutual friend who passed away. Written on the boxes is W W760 45.5. Nosler 150 bt flat base. CCI 250 mag.

I assume this would be a good deer round??? But to be honest I'm clueless at stuff like this. Any Ideas??

Personally, if it were my eyes and my rifle I wouldn't use them. While that load data sounds reasonable looking at Hodgdon's website, you got them third-hand and you can't really know for sure if that is actually what's in them.

Looks like we were thinking the same thing Lawdwaz but you were quicker on the draw!

Edited by covert

I wouldn't shoot that for all the tea in China.

You have know idea if the ammo in the box is even the stuff in that recipe and you don'y know if that load is safe in YOUR gun.

Ain't worth it in my opinion.

Yeah...I have been leaning that way . I don't know what the hell I have here. Seriously doubt that I'll shoot them after hearing from you guys. Out of curiosity, is it a good deer load??? or more of a target load?

When I was 17 I had a friend's father give me a box of .30-06 handloads that came from a friend of his. They said "180 gr boattail" and nothing else written on a piece of masking tape stuck to the box. Being young and stupid I touched a couple off, one kicked like a mule and the other one felt about like a factory load.

Fast forward 16 years and I'm a handloader myself. One day I decided to pull down the other 18 rounds thinking I could reuse the brass and maybe the bullets. Not only did I only find one boat tail and the rest were all flat base, I found three different charges and types of powder!

Don't know enough about the listed load/components to opine whether they'd be good for deer or not.

If you reload you can pull the bullets and reuse the components.

What Culver said...

If you reload very much, sooner or later you'll need a bullet puller.

I throw my agreement with Lawdwaz and other posters. It's never a good idea to shoot reloads that may or may NOT be labeled correctly, and may or may NOT be safe in your individual rifle.