My turnips...

just payed for them selves and the radish seed...in what I picked in young tender turnips and the greens for winter...well dinner tonight...too...got to go peel and freeze

Was wondering before I pick some of those as well....any one try eating the Ground Hog radish greens or root cooked? They are just a type of Daikon right?

This is my first year planting them...and they grew like crazy once the rains started...speaking of which....any how ease of growth...well this is a fallow field...I say fallow because it was a un-planted goat pasture for 12 or so years and before that a mowed goldenrod field....it has a big wht pine in the middle and limed first time this summer...The seed was thrown out after discing and dragging flat...I throw seed under wht pine...and they are growing....deer activity....

I no tilled in field radish planted on old wheat stubble, 1st year. Believe it's the same as Daikon. The deer are in them nightly. Last year, kept track of a farmers field nearby. The tops rotted quickly once freezing weather hit. The bulbs were size of melons. Deer didn't seem to take interest in the bulbs much. Jury's still out.

how many days of growth is that from when you planted them? ive never planted them before either but threw some in an area in my back yard they germinated with in days and are pretty big but i dont see any bulbs if i did them up? just green leaves..

Geno....... I had to go back and check posts...I first posted the stand pic on August 18th and the plots was just starting to green up...but we hadn't started getting the rain yet and it was slow then...so I believe some where between the 5 and 10th of August I planted them...I picked a bulb yesterday for a salad and it was10" long and little over an inch wide...pretty swt for a radish...no heat and crunchy