Montana Question any info appreciated

I have a hospital who want to fly me and my wife to Warm Springs, Montana to provide an onsite visit/interview. They want to potentially offer me a position there. Before I go, I want to know if anyone knows how easy or difficult it is to access land to hunt on in Montana. Is all the land there privately owned ranch type property? Have any of you hunted in that area and for what? Even better, have any of you lived there?

Yes lots of open land, to the point where you wouldn't need to own any of your own. Take a look in the small game section, one of the memebers here went out to Montana recently on a bird hunt, he never saw another hunter and it was all public land.

My wife and I work in healthcare, her in Respiratory Therapy and myself in the service industry,(food and housekeeping management), its amazing how few potential employee's they have to pull from in those areas.

I have a friend who lives in Great Falls,i could perhaps PM you his email if he agrees. Another friend comes from seattle each year to hunt Montana. We deer hunted a river bottom about 2 miles of it,in 4 days we saw 2 other guys way off. Get this folks there consider that river bottom to be "high pressure" LOL

Getting on private land and ranches is very easy, many get paid by the state for letting hunters on,you sign in and out.

My friend from Seattle found a ranch where one can see 300 deer a day. The owner used to guide,but not anymore,he does let you use one of is cabins for $50 a night and will show/tell you where to hunt.....

When i shot my mule deer,I took it to the nearest town to get cut up,I drove 80mph for close to an hour to reach this town....I'd say ya there is plenty of land !

Edited by Larry302

Thank you for the input folks. I have quite a bit time off soon, and while to pains me to use any of my hard earned hunting time to go on a trip away from home, I think I'll go on the interview. They seem like real good people, smart, friendly, and it looks like a very tempting proposition. It is helpful that you all are giving the state the thumbs up. I appreciate your help with this, again thanks.

Edited by New York Hillbilly