Stupid Stupid Stupid

phade

So, my truck is in Ohio after a breakdown. It won't be ready until Monday afternoon...which means I won't get it until the first weekend in October due to coordinating time to make the drive with the lady.

I cleaned it out of the essentials that I might need (knife, flashlight, etc.). I somehow...left my stinking tags in the console. Called the office to get the skinny...and wow! Costly.

Lost Licenses, Permits and Tags

A lost license and permit may be replaced for a fee of $5 per license type and carcass tag sets my be replaced for a fee of $10 per set. There is no charge to replace a lost back tag. For example, replacing a turkey permit, sportsman, bowhunting and muzzleloading license will cost $20 ($5 x 4 license types) plus $40 ($10 x 4 carcass tag sets). Even though there are four carcass tags with your turkey permit, they are considered a set and would cost only $10 for all four.

I forgot to ask whether I can just buy the replacement license ($20) and my bow/mz either sex to get by for the 2-3 afternoon hunts I'll have this coming week. $30 is much better than $60.

Anyone know if that can be done? Or do I have to buy the whole thing...called back and the guy I talked to had left for the day.

why not just replace the bow tags? you'll have the rest back in a few weeks before u need them?

That's what I'm thinking, but it'd be $30 because...$20 for the license tag (I have the supersportsman) and then $10 for the either-sex bow/mz tag. Just don't know if it is an all or nothing proposition.