Calverton Long Island (Grumman)

Bowhunter631

Did anyone see the dead buck on the side of the road on Grumman Blvd? Looks like someone cut the spikes off of it and just left it. That is really upsetting, it didnt look like it was hit by a car. How could someone just leave it there? this is what gives us hunters bad reputations. If you didnt want the deer you could of easily brought it to a place where they would of given the meat to the people that dont know what they are going to eat for dinner tonight. I dont get people sometimes!!!

Did anyone see the dead buck on the side of the road on Grumman Blvd? Looks like someone cut the spikes off of it and just left it. That is really upsetting, it didnt look like it was hit by a car. How could someone just leave it there? this is what gives us hunters bad reputations. If you didnt want the deer you could of easily brought it to a place where they would of given the meat to the people that dont know what they are going to eat for dinner tonight. I dont get people sometimes!!!

did you pull over to see if it was shot before you make an assumption of a guy killing it for its rack? my guess is it did get hit by a car and someone saw it there and cut the antlers off... otherwise why would they drag it to the road to cut them off????

• Like 1

did you pull over to see if it was shot before you make an assumption of a guy killing it for its rack? my guess is it did get hit by a car and someone saw it there and cut the antlers off... otherwise why would they drag it to the road to cut them off????

Geno is right. I live right around the corner from there. I see deer hit by cars on that road all the time. Joe blow sees a buck on the side of the road, recently hit, and cuts off the antlers. Happens all the time.