I could not have done a better job writing than this guy . . .

Hey Noodle, what happened to your business? Why are you still not in business for yourself?

I am retired and enjoying life hunting ,fishing and traveling. There is more to life than just making money,because life is to short. The first of Dec. I am heading to California for three weeks of steelhead fishing. Life has been very good for me and now I am enjoying it.

• Like 1

If you work for a man who built and owns the business, you owe your living to him. If he tells you what this letter is saying, you'd better listen. He is not saying he will fire you if Obama is elected, he's saying he will go out of business if Obama is elected. The big difference is who is to blame for your loss of income.

That's all part of the freedom America offers. He can close the business and retire. That is his choice and his right. Chances are, he only keeps working in the business because he doesn't want to eliminate the jobs of loyal employees. If you don't believe the man has given up a lot in his life, or sacrificed a great deal to build that business, you are an ignorant, ungrateful fool that deserves to be unemployed.

If you believe that a person who owns a business of that size will just close the doors and walk away, than you are the bigger fool.None of his employee owe him anything,he is the one who owes them everything for making him very RICH. He made money on the backs of every employee and if he didn;t, he wasn't a very good businessman.

• Like 2

While the sentiment is certainly one we agree with, I just wanted to pass along that the email is not legit. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but i thought some might like to know that its fictional. Here is the link:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/valuedemployees.asp

From your snopes link :

In October 2012, David Siegel, the founder and CEO of Westgate Resorts, sent a modified version of this letter to all of his employees. He based his missive on that much-circulated 2008 piece, saying of his offering: "I did use the letter that had circulated before as a guideline, but I changed it [to fit my circumstances]. It speaks the truth and it gives [employees] something to think about when they go to the polls."

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

If you believe that a person who owns a business of that size will just close the doors and walk away, than you are the bigger fool.None of his employee owe him anything,he is the one who owes them everything for making him very RICH. He made money on the backs of every employee and if he didn;t, he wasn't a very good businessman.

he never said anything about closing his doors and walking away.... he said everything about downsizing and cutting back.

and your way of thinking is very hard to understand.... first off if it wasnt for him that business wouldnt exist, everyone who takes stock in his business as an employee or outside supplier or anything else youd like to throw in there, wouldnt have a job or a contract or way to make money if it wasnt for him, so why shouldnt he get rich?? wasnt it his brainchild, his idea, and his way of doing business in the first place? is he not allowed to be rewarded for such an accomplishment, for working hard, for being successful and making others successful as well? should there be no incentive for people to succeed. the way i interpret your post is that everyone from top to bottom should be making the same buck at the end of the week. wheres the incentive?

and if youd like to keep on with the argument that he owes his employees everything, i could fire right back and say yea your right... exactly why he sent that letter to all his employees in the first place!!!!

• Like 1

So all of those employees who ( through this guy providing them with jobs) earned a living for years, were able to pay bills, support their family, send kids to college etc....They got nothing out of this deal right?? All they did was make this guy rich....Got it. Rich guy = bad LOL! Bet that dirty S.O.B. has a way bigger house than any of us!!! damn him!! LOL!

People who own businesses this size close the doors every year. It is not uncommon. They sometimes go bankrupt too. Educate yourself on the subject prior to posting foolishness.

None of his employees were FORCED to work for him, they chose to do it! If they were worth more money than he generously agreed to pay them for their time, why didn't they seek a job elsewhere? THEY OWE HIM EVERTHING THEY HAVE! Without that job, they may not have had one. And if they quit, there are hundreds of unemployed people waiting for a job opening that would appreciate the chance to work for the man.

If an employee of mine told me what you just posted, I'd fire the a-hole for being too arrogant and stupid to trust as an employee in my company.

• Like 1

Anybody can plan to retire when they are young and make it happen. But if you have expenses and debt all your life that prevent you from saving, you've lived beyond your means and have nothing to retire on when you get old. Is it a crime that he worked hard and made good choices so he can retire comfortably?

This "envy and hate the rich" trend is nothing but Democratic class warfare propaganda that is further dividing this country. It is not good for America, and neither are the Democrats.

People who own businesses this size close the doors every year. It is not uncommon. They sometimes go bankrupt too. Educate yourself on the subject prior to posting foolishness.

So you think he would just mothball all of his resorts and walk away? Just close the doors and not do anything with them? Even if he wanted to walk away, he would sell the assets which is the area that is employing people. Don't you think he still owes money on these resorts? Who's being foolish?

Edited by d-bone20917

This "envy and hate the rich" trend is nothing but Democratic class warfare propaganda that is further dividing this country. It is not good for America, and neither are the Democrats.

It looks to me that the rich have done very well in this country over the last 4 years. Do you have examples to show otherwise? Or are you just a parrot that likes to throw out terms like "class warfare" without really having any facts? As a republican myself, if they keep being the party that only supports rich white people, they are going to have problems in the future.

How about if the rich business owner just divides his profits up evenly with all of his employees. No more investing or putting money back into the business, just divide the money up evenly so everyone, including the owner, gets the same pay check.

So what point are you trying to make? Obviously that will never happen in any business and his business won't last long unless he continues to invest in it. I'm just surprised people can't see that this is obviously a bluff to try and get his employees to vote for Romney. This is the same guy that takes credit for getting Bush elected in 2000 using similar tactics and look how well that turned out for him.

It looks to me that the rich have done very well in this country over the last 4 years. Do you have examples to show otherwise? Or are you just a parrot that likes to throw out terms like "class warfare" without really having any facts? As a republican myself, if they keep being the party that only supports rich white people, they are going to have problems in the future.

The rich are the ones who lost the most when the stock market and housing boom tanked. They were hit by the economy as much as anyone. Corporations have recovered and done well in the last 4 years, but the wealthy are not in the same boat. They had to scramble to keep from losing millions too. And now the Democrats, who were a major factor in the destruction of the economy, want to point the finger of blame in another direction so they can stay in power and keep screwing all of us. They are practicing class warfare with every speech one of them makes. These are the facts that are very obvious to any objective person.

This is how they plan to raise taxes on all of us. Divide and conquer. They claim they only want to tax the rich at a higher rate, but we will all get hit, and hit hard! The rich can't pay enough in higher taxes to bail out a $16 Trillion dollar debt.

The Democrats support themselves, and they do it with our high taxes.

The Republicans support all productive Americans, not just the rich. They also support gun owners and hunters. The Democrats DO NOT! They support those who take from the rest of us by keeping them dependent on the government and buying their votes with our tax dollars. How long do you think they will be able to sustain that without destroying this country?

• Like 1

The point Im trying to make is that a lot of people are focusing on the "rich" factor. They seem to suggest that its not fair that the owner of a business makes so much money compared to the employee's. Even you threw out the "rich white" B.S.

Some people use the word "rich" as a dirty word, when it suits them.

I agree with some of what you said. The rich lost the most because they had the most to lose. They also gain the most when things are going well. But I believe both parties are at fault for that. I agree that taxing the rich isn't the answer either. Regardless of who is elected, there may be some tax increases as a compromise to avoid sequestration. But remember, the congress sets the tax policy.

However, I don't agree that Republicans support hunters and Democrats do not. Have you seen Paul Ryan's proposed budget to sell off public lands and cut wildlife conservation funding? That doesn't sound pro hunter to me.

The point Im trying to make is that a lot of people are focusing on the "rich" factor. They seem to suggest that its not fair that the owner of a business makes so much money compared to the employee's. Even you threw out the "rich white" B.S.

Some people use the word "rich" as a dirty word, when it suits them.

Fair enough. I just think the Republicans need to be more inclusive if they want to be viable going forward. There is no reason they should lose this election with the current state of things, but I believe they are going too.

the guy does make a very good point though.. even if he is wrong in his doings it could be the only way. hes correct. the only way to fix the economy is by providing jobs. but companies cant do that when they are being taxed through the roof. the problem is not the taxes the problem is money hungry corporate owners, and 99% of politicians, they are all over paid if they would reduce there own incomes and spread it throughout it will make a huge dent. also imho i think the federal government is to big.. they need to hand power down to individual states.. federal governments biggest concern should be citizen safety welfare, currency distribution/ making, stuff like that, then let states take over on school programs, roads, buildings,i also like the line from Jefferson that he included "democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." now im in NO way rich or even wealthy for that fact. but hes right. why give people money that choose not to work for it... its like kiling a deer and having some guy sitting over your back breathing heavy whispering" is that for me" over and over and just grabbing off bits of the meat.

Those rich white people are the people that have the businesses that employ the people... we should have learned that over taxing the rich means businesses going elsewhere... start re-distributing the wealth and soon there won't be any wealth except in government and the only jobs will be government jobs... if that's what people want then I guess Obama's their man.

Those rich white people are the people that have the businesses that employ the people... we should have learned that over taxing the rich means businesses going elsewhere... start re-distributing the wealth and soon there won't be any wealth except in government and the only jobs will be government jobs... if that's what people want then I guess Obama's their man.

Got it. And here I thought it was cheap labor driving businesses elsewhere.

• Like 1

Businesses examine all variables to maximize profits. They'd be going broke if they didn't. The government sets the rules businesses lay by. Remember when Clinton signed NAFTA? Well, here we are at the predictable result of that legislation.

Cheap labor is bad for the economy. Why then, is the government supporting illegal immigrants in America? Are they not more of a problem than a CEO who makes out when he increases profits for his company by 100%?

The Rich = Evil .................... Illegal Immigrants = Good?