so I sunk my boat

Nomad

This is my mint vinatge 1,964 Starcraft w/' 84 Johnson as you can see its all the way under water. Its this year up in the ADK. If you look tomthe left thats my 19 y/o daughter who jumped in and held the boat as I dumped 5 gallon bucket after bucket on her.

We towed it to the ramp and brought her back to camp ,i drained the carbs and fired her back up, she's working fine. thats why old 2 stroke Johnsons rule ! As well as Samantha ! BTW she's a good salome skier and caught some nice bass and pickerel as well .

post-253-0-14103300-1350179424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry302

Hey that is one of our old walley tournament tricks lol. Pull the plug on your buddys boat and while he is bailling water you are singing across the lake heading to the honey hole. It didnt take long for them to figure the game out though. All they had to do was run the boat across the water and it would drain the water out and then put the plug in. That is if you catch it before its under water lol. Ahhh the memories.

Yes, memories for sure. My first boat was a 16' Chrysler with a 105 Chrysler outboard when I lived in FL. I picked it up cheap to learn with. The second or third time I put it in the water I forgot the plug. I never docked it so quick and ran across the parking lot for the truck. Got that trailer backed in shockingly fast and put the boat on the trailer. The ramp was wet and with all of the additional weight of the water in the boat, I was smoking the tires on the truck on the way up the ramp. It took almost 30 mins for it to drain out. That was the last time I forgot the plug lol.

Thing is my plug was in. This is at a beach in front of the cottage we rent not a ramp. The transom is very low and the well has 3 holes for linkage ect. My guess is that I pullled it up to far on the beach that night putting the transom even lower waves came into well got in holes boat tipped and filled more. Anyway quite a shock to find ,no marina on this lake we were on our own. 1/4 inch more lower and we could not bail as we would have had to bail the whole lake.

Funny part was there was a Smallmouth swimming in the boat.

To make it even more fun the only bucket I found had a big crack in it .

I trailer my boat and the plug and keys are put on the seat when I get home, I put the plug in and turn the motor over before I even hook up. Not saying I could not mess up though .

Edited by Larry302