Easy And Delicious Stew Recipe

Lawdwaz

I just sent this recipe to a friend. My wife and I have made this a few times and it is a winner each time! Only thing I'd add is I put a couple fork fulls of minced garlic in on top of the meat and to make sure you cut the meat into pretty small cubes if using venison. (What did you think I'd use?)

Use the leftover soup for lunch!

Here you go..........

Oven Stew

1 1/2 to 2 lb. uncooked stew meat (do not brown)

carrots

celery

onions

mushrooms (optional)

potatoes

1 1/2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1 1/2 cans tomato soup

Cook in a large casserole or any oven proof dish. Cut up vegetables. Put cubed meat on bottom of casserole and add cut up vegetables. Mix undiluted soups together and pour over top. Cover and cook for 3 hours at 325. Delicious.

(YOU DECIDE HOW MUCH OF EACH VEGGY TO ADD!)

Edited by Lawdwaz

We do one simular but use a can of gravy instead of Crm of mushroom, its a heck of a multi use meal. After the stew we make it into soups and freeze as stew to (obviously). We also use a roast and slow cook it either in a stock pot or the slow cooker, so then you could have a roast, stew and soup all in one. We love it! Had it yesterday as a matter of fact and will have left overs tonight in the form of soup.