Funny Picture

mbucks27

I know this has probably happened to me and i'm sure it has happened to a few others on this site as well :prankster:. Damm iPhoness!!

post-780-0-23884200-1350657507_thumb.jpg

John

this actually happened to my friend two weeks ago. I was 50 yards away from him in another stand and was watching the deer coming to us. they got to the opening looked at me and went right to his stand. and literally stood 5 yards in front of him and looked up at him. Thats when I looked at him and saw he didn't have his bow in his hand... but his phone! He said he heard a twig snap, looked down and saw the 4 deer standing right in front of him. He managed to put his phone in his pocket, and grab his bow as the deer started to walk by. He contorted around the tree and managed to shoot one of the large doe, getting his First bow kill ever.

post-2706-0-00077000-1351017094_thumb.jp

Guys with the growing technology of the presence and the future we have to learn to use it to our advantage.

agross: I do something similar but I leave it on vibrate and last year it paid off. I was hunting with my Brother, he was about 150 to 200 yards above me. It was around 800 am. My phone starts vibrating, "Buck, buck, headed straight to you". I immediately stood and grabbed my bow, within 5 seconds he was standing within 7 yards of my stand. He was actually passed my stand and beginning to quarter away, I stopped him with a quick gnnnnaaaaa sound and let my arrow fly at about 10 yards. Because he was so close and I was 24' up I hit him a little high on entry but figured the exit would be much better. He ran and busted out of sight at around 70 yards. I text my brother to let him know and that we would track him after lunch. We llet him go for about 6 hrs. The blood trail began to open up around 75-90 yards, he went another 75-100 yards where we found him piled up. From start to finish the tracking lasted about 10 minutes, I was using Muzzy 90's 4 blade.

In this case the phone actually helped quite a bit, I keep it on vibrate and do phone texts about every hr or so. Won't be down until Nov. 6th-12th with my Brother. I hope we have the same repeat story of last year.

Mike.

My phone actually got me a buck one time. My wife texted me and I stopped to answer it. She asked if I had seen a deer yet and I said no. I put it back in my pocket. Turned and here comes a buck. I shot him and pulled out the phone and said scratch that I had just shot a nice 8 point. She txt'd back She didnt beleive me so I took a pic and sent it.

I always have a walkie with me because I have no cell service where I hunt and I want to be able to communicate with who ever has the other in case something goes wrong. I might be wrong but I can't find anything about them being illegal. I know certain frequencies have restrictions but has nothing to do with hunting.

My boyfriend and I were out on seperate properties last year. We were asking eachother of the action as usual. I said, "seeing anything?" he replied, "na, you?" before I could reply that I had only seen a few out of range (3 min later) I got another text from him that said, "buck down." It wasn't until he sent me a picture that I believed it! It's amazing how fast they come into sight and how fast they go.